Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 19th, 2013 20:00

Inspiron Error Code 2000-0151

I have a new Dell Inspiron purchased in October 2012 & when turning it on today it gave me disk error and instructed to run diagnostics.

When I ran Dell diagnostics I got this message:

Error Code 2000-0151

Validation 100665

Msg: Hard Drive 0-S/N WXH1C12C6814, incorrect status = 32

Technical support will need this information to diagnose the problem.

This is my 3rd Dell and I hate to think I will be replacing yet a 3rd hard drive.  Is that what this message means?

Help!

3.3K Posts

January 19th, 2013 20:00

Hi akonyk,

Well it is quite annoying when the computer doesn’t work fine. I can certainly help you out with few steps hoping that would fix the problem.

This error message is for the hard drive.

We need to reseat the hard drive and then run the test on the hard drive again. Reseat the hard drive if you are comfortable in doing so.

I would recommend you to run diagnostics on the computer.

• Restart the computer and press F12 to enter the Boot Menu.
  • When the boot device list appears, highlight Diagnostics and press Enter
  • The computer begins to run the Pre-boot System Assessment, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display
  • If the Pre-boot System Assessment completes successfully, you receive the message Booting Dell Diagnostic Utility Partition
  • Press any key to continue
  • Press any key to start the Dell Diagnostics from the Diagnostics utility partition on your hard drive
  • After the Dell Diagnostics loads and the Main Menu screen appears, click the button for the option you want to run -

Express Test: Performs a quick test of devices. The test typically takes 10 to 20 minutes and requires no interaction on your part

Extended Test: Performs a thorough check of devices. The test typically takes 1 hour or more and requires you to answer questions periodically

Custom Test: Tests a specific device. You can customize the tests to be run.

Symptom Tree: Allows you to select tests based on a symptom of the problem you are experiencing

When you have finished running a test, close the screen to return to the Main Menu screen. To exit the Dell Diagnostics and reboot the computer, close the Main Menu screen

Please make a note of the error message.

Awaiting your response!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 20th, 2013 06:00

Yes, you do need a hard drive replacement.

2 Posts

September 27th, 2013 13:00

Hi, I am having the same problem as the previous person before me. I have a inspiron N7110 runing windows7 and keep getting error Code 2000-0151, Validation 43741 I keep running the diagnostics on the computer and it does not let me complete the test successfully. It gives me the error code. Please help I would appreciated.

Error Code 2000-0151

Validation 43741

Msg: Hard Drive 0-S/N WD-WXD1A31D5423, incorrect status = 32

No additional sense information 

3 Posts

January 20th, 2013 06:00

Thank you, but unfortunately the diagnostic test have not been able to complete.  It gives me the same Error Code: 2000-0142. Short cell test unsuccessful.  Is this something I will be able to repair myself or should I contact Dell for new hard drive?  Thanks for your help.

akonyk

3 Posts

January 20th, 2013 08:00

Wow disappointing, but grateful for the quick response...

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 27th, 2013 15:00

You need a new hard drive.

3.3K Posts

September 27th, 2013 16:00

Hi 0777will,

As ejn63 correctly said we need to replace the hard drive.

If the computer has active warranty I shall go ahead and arrange for a service to replace the part.

Check warranty status: http://dell.to/10pMa86

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer. To private message click Here, then click "Send a Private Message".

Awaiting your response!

April 6th, 2015 17:00

Having same problem with my dell inspiration 3521. Receive boot configure error missing or contains error. Code 0xc0000185. Did the restart f12 diagnOstics . Receive error code 2000-0151 validation 128358 , hard drive 0-s/n Teay5al300ss8k incorrect status =3E , smart predictive : failure

April 13th, 2016 11:00

Yeah, my son's computer, which was bought by his mom, has had the same issues. Dell is garbage for computers. No warranty and I have to replace another hard drive.. in the space of a year.  Thank God I use a Mac. They are 7 and 6 years old and never an issue. 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 13th, 2016 12:00

If the system is less than a year old, Dell will replace the drive under warranty.

As for Macs - they largely use solid state drives now, but unlike Dell, they're also increasingly mounting the SSD by solder on the mainboard - so when the drive fails, it's not a sub-$100 drive replacement -- it's a $1,000+ logic board replacement.

No Events found!