Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2014 15:00

Inspiron Laptop (15 5547) error code 0xc000000f

Hello,

I've been using this laptop for 3 days now and I'm already having problems.

I shut down my laptop normally this afternoon and when I wanted to turn it back on a bit later, it just wouldn't start up (not even to the login screen). I restarted a couple of times and the standard menu popped up that there was some trouble and I could choose some options, loading backups, setting everything back to how it was when made (sorry, there's probably a word for this but I'm not a native English speaker) etc etc. I tried the second option I mentioned first (I had nothing valuable on it yet) but it didn't work and after some tries I got this error code out of it: 0x4001001300001002.

After this I tried loading a back-up (would have same effect, since the only one there was the default one), but again trouble it just didn't work. I tried it a second time and it seemed to work but I ended up with a bluescreen that tells me required stuff isn't there or can't be accessed and that I should use reinstall media (like a cd or usb). I also got this new error code: 0xc000000f.

Harddrive and memory etc are all working (I runned a full system check, got nothing out of it, everything was working).

So now my question is, what do I need to reinstall using either a cd or usb? My guess is windows 8.1, but I'm not sure and I rather ask you first before doing stupid stuff.

Thanks in advance!

-Pepijn

P.S.

Did happened after I unplugged my logitech mouse... I don't think it's related but I rather post everything here.

No Responses!
No Events found!