bozaira
1 Nickel

Inspiron Mouse Button LOUD click

I have a Dell Inspiron 3521 15.6 inch laptop, bought 2-3 months ago.  The mouse button is EXTREMELY LOUD when i click, and its unbearable, so annoying and loud! It makes his practically unable to use in a quiet settings! I'm really fed up with Dell, since there quality seems to be getting cheaper and cheaper! I've had many Dell Computers before with never any issues that were a red flag. Dell, what do you think?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
8 Krypton

RE: Inspiron Mouse Button LOUD click

When you buy the cheapest economy car, you get less sound insulation and more noise - when you buy the cheapest notebook, you get less in the way of details and engineering - this model was not built for elegance.  it was simply built to the lowest possible price -- in other words, you essentially get what you pay for.

0 Kudos
bozaira
1 Nickel

Agreed. Lets see, ive arranged a repair with dell thats free under warranty. He "assured" that is will get fixed

0 Kudos
Diegrass
1 Copper

Did replacing the mouse buttons fix the loud click issue cause I just got this laptop and have the same issue?

0 Kudos
bozaira
1 Nickel

I haben't sent it in yet (Prob end of this week) but the representative assured me that it will get fixed so I guess thats all I can say.  Advice to you: RETURN IT WHERE YOU GOT IT FROM

0 Kudos
Diegrass
1 Copper

Let me know cause maybe the replacement part is a better part that they made realizing this issue. The mouse button is loud and kinda hard to push. So I hope they can help or I may return it.

0 Kudos
Diegrass
1 Copper

I had a Dell technician come out today and replace the mouse pad. It must have been an improved part cause it is fixed now and the technician did say that it shouldn't of done that so maybe Dell realized this issue and fixed it. The new part is more quiet but still made cheap. The right button is a little louder but I don't use it that much. But overall it is better.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CJBIII
1 Copper

I have the same issue with my new Inspiron 17 Notebook (Inspiron 3721)purchased on Dec 17, 2013. Both mouse buttons exhibit load tinny clicking sound. So load I couldn't sleep in the same room when my wife was surfing the web. The clicking was louder than on several other laptops I previously owned. Having a technician come buy to replace the mousepad - hope this fixes the clicking! Otherwise a decent PC for the money.

0 Kudos
CJBIII
1 Copper

Just had my mousepad replaced under warranty but unfortunately it didn't resolve the loud clicking issue. Guess this must be part of the design? Not satisfied with the purchase because of this. Considering whether I should ask for refund or simply learn to live with it.

0 Kudos
bozaira
1 Nickel

HERES THE FIX!!!

First of all, let me say that I had it replaced and it didn't fix it! DELL SUCKS!!!

What I did was I took a small pad and placed it underneath the two mouse buttons.  The technician was so RUDE and said I was too picky, and I ended up fixing the issue! He also broke my WIFI card meanwhile.

Guys! Don't buy from Dell ever again

0 Kudos