Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2010 00:00

Inspiron N4010 - Core #1 Consistently Very Hot Even at Very Small Loads

Hello,

I purchased this N4010 with Intel i3 350m processor exactly a month ago. Found that it was running unexpectedly hot and that the fan was almost always 'on'. Used "Core Temp" to measure the temperature of the CPU. The results are startling. Core #1 temperature is always higher than that of core #0 by 12 degrees C to 18 C ( on average about 15 degrees C) . Reported this to Dell customer service within the first week and the only reply so far is that they need to research about it.

Is this a common problem with this particular laptop? Can you check on yours with "Core Temp" utility what the readings are?

I am attaching a screen shot of Core Temp to clarify the point.

Thanks.

1 Attachment

64 Posts

October 1st, 2010 01:00

Hi,

Im not sure you will get an answer on this. It could be just a design issue with the chip. Eitherway from what i gather its not running at a dangerous temperature. My quad core although a desktop has all the cores running around 50 odd degrees and its been on for prob a week solid.

3 Posts

October 1st, 2010 04:00

Hello, 

Yes, probably I didn't describe the problem well enough and the screen shot above just explains the difference in the core temps. The CPU is just about idling.

I think the next screen shot should clarify. Load is just under 80 % and it is within 5 minutes of switching on the laptop. I have no issue with core #0 temp. It is core #1.  

1 Attachment

No Events found!