Highlighted
SeaNomad
1 Copper

Inspiron N4010 Memory upgrade issue

I purchased some memory today and installed it, once installed I wound up in an endless loop of restart and never got Windows to load.

Old ram was put back in and computer works fine.

The RAM I bought was Corsair CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9 (2x4GB)
I have a core i3 cpu in this Inspiron N4010 - and I am running a 64 bit operating system.

Is there some reason that this RAM would not be compatible even though configurators I found online say it should be?

is there a limit to the amount each one of the chips can be with the Core i3 (e.g. cannot be built off of 512mb but has to be 256mb)??

Any help is appreciated

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Inspiron N4010 Memory upgrade issue

Hi SeaNomad,

The Memory modules which you have purchased are compatible with the system. Please use the old Memory and update the BIOS using the link below.

http://dell.to/1jbFxkb

Connect the Ac Adapter before updating the BIOS and do not use the system until it restarts after the update. Once the BIOS is updated please install the new Memory and check if the system is working fine.

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos
SergioP
1 Copper

Hi,

Same problem, but BIOS already upgraded and still doesn't work. Tried everything and have no solution. It seems like Dell finished support to this model (N4010), since A13 is the final BIOS version from long time ago, and no more versions were released. If i'll have to buy new laptop to get more RAM capacity definitely it won't be Dell.

0 Kudos

Hi SergioP,

The Inspiron N4010 system has 2 SODIMM slots. The system accepts a memory capacity ranging from 1GB, 2GB, and 4GB. The memory type accepted is DDR3 1333 MHz SODIMM only. The computer supports a maximum of 8GB of memory when installed with two 4GB DIMMs.

0 Kudos
nbtetreault
1 Copper

I bought same RAM (CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9 ) and it's working well.

0 Kudos