Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

October 5th, 2013 13:00

Inspiron N5050 Ultraslow download speed on WiFi

I'm trying to figure out a problem with a Dell Inspiron N5050 laptop.

When I connet to the Internet via WIFI, I have an incredibly slow dowlnolad speed (20kbps) instead of 5Mbps. If I plug in the cable, there is no problem. The upload speed is 50kbps as it have to be.

I tried to connect to the same router on 2 other laptop, and they had no problem.

I tried reinstalling the drivers, but it didn't help.

I checked the speed in safe mode with networking, and also on knoppix, same problem everytime.

Please help!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 5th, 2013 20:00

Hi Zolikaka,

I’d suggest that you to change the Advanced card properties of the wireless card and check for issue resolution. Please follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Open ‘Device Manager’ by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type ‘Device Manager’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘Device Manager’.
  2. When the device manager pops up, in the list please check for ‘Network adapter’.
  3. Please click on the arrow mark beside ‘Network adapter’.
  4. You will find the wireless network card available on your computer.
  5. Right click on Wireless card and select ‘Properties’.
  6. Next click on ‘Advanced tab’.
  7. Change Roaming Aggressiveness to maximum.
  8. Change the wireless channels in the ‘advanced card properties’ to 11 or 6 and Disable Bluetooth Collaboration.

Please let me know if this helps.

1 Message

October 29th, 2014 03:00

Hi Ravi,

Even I am facing the same issue, All of my other system (Laptop, Mobiles) are getting a desired speed (8 MBPS checked via Speedtest.net) via Wireless, But my dell Inspiron is getting a speed in few KB's in Wireless, Althouh by putting a Lan cable I am getting a desired speed.

I looked on the option you provided but in my Wireless Card-Prperty-Advance tab I dont have a mentioned options available.

I am using Dell Inspiron N5050, Any Idea :(

No Events found!