aviator365
1 Nickel

Re: Inspiron N5110 Hard Drive Placement

I think you are helpless there sarahill. My 8 month laptop failed like yours 10 days back and they did put Toshiba drive in its place like yours ( They took 2 days). And I have to reinstall everything myself. In fact I am in India and i had to pay like $25 of some FEES.... and I am not very happy. I do not think you can get yours replaced. But you can try. I am for one not buying a Dell anymore. If your laptop came with CD then install from there and do Windows update, if they took everything ask them for it back.

0 Kudos
ignaceous
1 Copper

Very useful post, thanks. However, this particular computer has the drive UNDER the motherboard. I learned this the hard way while following your video. Nothing too big, you covered the most difficult steps.

0 Kudos
kattiemcd
1 Copper

Sarahills,

What was your computer doing for you to know it was your hard drive?  

What kind of reading were you getting?

I think mine is going.

Got mind around Christmas 2011

Kattiemcd

0 Kudos
Maddy0418
1 Copper

I got my Inspirion 1525 in 2008. I just did diagnostics and got the error code 0142. I am so scared to dig into mines! I think I'd rather get a new one. I was turning my laptop and the screen would go crazy. The arrow would move by itself, and the screen would flicker. If I had opened up the browser it would close down. My windows would freeze, hang and stay there. It would then stop and go back to normal. It's been doing that for about a year.

9 Rhodium

Unless you need a faster system, or something else is wrong, it makes no sense to replace a system for the sake of a $50 to $75 hard drive replacement.

You need a new, 2.5", 9.5 mm SATA notebook hard drive.

0 Kudos
Maddy0418
1 Copper

Hi ejn63,

So which is best the 2.5 or the 9.5mm? Can I upgrade from that to a 500hard drive? If so, which number or name would that one be? Why is it called notebook? Thank you so much for taking your time to respond to my inquiries.

0 Kudos

wow...another gem from Dell

0 Kudos
rmw1776
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron N5110 Hard Drive Placement

I've replaced hard drives twice on these machines. It's not as bad as it may seem. See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0OM7cothHU

0 Kudos
hongco.nguyen
1 Copper

RE: Inspiron N5110 Hard Drive Placement

Tôi muốn lấy driver cho Dell N5110

Tags (1)