Highlighted
FinallyFixedIt
1 Copper

Inspiron N5110 Random Shut Downs

I bought this computer about 5 months ago, and for the last month or two I've had a lot of problems with it. I play a lot of games such as World of Warcraft and Star Wars: The Old Republic, Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, but lately I'm barely able to play anything at all. I can't do much besides browse the internet as the computer just randomly shuts off.

It doesn't go through the "shutting down" process, but rather just completely turns off in a second. It happens when running games. I've tried my hardest to solve this by myself, I've done stress tests which turn out fine, I've reinstalled windows 2 times already, I've updated all my drivers, I've monitored temperatures and even bought a small laptop cooler. Nothing helps. 

It gets progressively worse every day. At first I can play for a few hours, then throughout the day it shuts off every 5 minutes. 

The laptop does get very hot, but nothing I do will make it cool down, which makes me think it's a hardware issue. 

I am getting increasingly frustrated with this, and would more than anything like a replacement/refund, as this is by far the worst product and customer service I've ever had to deal with. All I get told over and over again is that it's a software issue, but it can't be when I reinstall windows and it still happens.

Please if someone can suggest a fix for this, or tell me how I can go about getting a refund without extensive legal hassle, that would be great.

Thanks.

0 Kudos