Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2016 07:00

Inspiron N5110 dead motherboard?

I was given an Inspiron N5110 that apparently has a dead motherboard. There is absolutely no signs of life from it on AC or battery. It has the CN-0VVN1W motherboard in it. I've found several different versions ebay, but I don't know if I have to have the EXACT same model or not? It has an Intel cpu and that's all I know. Which is the best board to replace with IF I can replace with a different model? Does mine have the Nvidia or Intel GPU?

Thanks

• 

16.7K Posts

March 28th, 2016 10:00

xorange90x

You can click the link below to view the systems configuration by adding the system service tag in the box on the page below. Once you see what the configuration is you can contact Dell Spare Parts Department at 1-877-717-3355 for pricing information. I cannot say what other motherboard you can add to the case.

Dell Inspiron N5110

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number. Click my name in blue then on the next page click where it says send private message

2 Posts

March 29th, 2016 05:00

This is the video adapter listed when I entered my service tag:

320-2014 : Intel HD Graphics/HD Graphics 3000 with up to 1.6GB Dynamic Video Memory

However, I can't find any definitive information about which motherboard versions came with what video adapters. I have however inferred that there are only two versions; one with Intel HD + NVIDIA, and one with Intel HD + AMD Radeon. Is this correct, or is there an Intel HD - Only model as well?

I have the Intel Core i5 model, can I replace the motherboard with the CN-0G8RW1 version? Which video adapter does that version come with?

• 

16.7K Posts

March 30th, 2016 12:00

xorange90x,

Unfortunately, there isn't. You may want to call the spare parts department and see what they can offer you for your case. 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 30th, 2016 14:00

There is indeed a version with Intel-only video -- and G8RW1 is a board with UMA (integrated video). 

No Events found!