Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

June 13th, 2013 15:00

Inspiron N7110 loops at Dell Logo

Hi. I was on the Dell site and one of the updates recommended was new BIOS. So, I downloaded that file and I flushed the BIOS. After that, the laptop can't boot. It just loops at the Dell logo over and over. Nothing happens when I hit F2, F8 or F12. It just keep looping. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks,

Ron

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

June 13th, 2013 15:00

Hi RonRef,

Please release static power and run the hardware diagnostics to check if the hardware is working as designed. Follow the steps to release the static power.

Switch off the system; remove the battery, ac adapter and the power cable. Press and hold down the power button for thirty seconds to drain any excess static power, press the Fn + Power and this will initiate the hardware diagnostics. Let us know if there is any error codes listed

Let us know about the progress.

4 Posts

June 13th, 2013 16:00

Hi. Thank you for responding so quickly. I followed your directions, but it still does the exact thing. I've only had this computer for less than 2 years. This happened right after I upgraded the BIOS to that last version. Do you have any other thoughts on what I can do? It just loops endlessly, no beeps, no blue screen.

THanks so much.

Ron

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

June 14th, 2013 18:00

Hi RonRef,

This seems to be an issue with the motherboard, however try removing one memory module and swap the memory modules on both slot (One memory at a time) and check if the system is working. Use the Service manual for instructions on how to reseat the memory using the link below.

http://bit.ly/YvgnFe

let us know about the progress.

4 Posts

June 15th, 2013 13:00

Hi Senthil. Thanks for getting back to me. I followed the instructions and it still does the exact same thing. I also took the computer completely apart, cleaned it, took out the CMOS battery, put it back in and it still loops at the Dell logo. Do you think I just need a new motherboard?

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

June 17th, 2013 19:00

Hi RonRef,

This seems to be an issue with the motherboard, please send me the system service tag or express service code through a  private chat, so that I can help you further.

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details.

4 Posts

June 19th, 2013 14:00

Hi,

Did you get my private chat message with the service tag?

Thanks,

Ron

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

June 19th, 2013 17:00

Hi RonRef,

This is an issue with the motherboard; your system is no longer under warranty. I would suggest you to contact the Out of Warranty department on 1-800-288-4410 (U.S.Customer)

3 Posts

August 20th, 2013 09:00

I too had this problem. The problem was NOT caused by the motherboard. It was caused by side board or daughter board which contains the wifi slot, LAN, and USB 3.0 ports. Once that board was replaced, everything worked perfectly.

No Events found!