Highlighted
Mohit Jain
1 Nickel

Inspiron One 2020 - Bluetooth Issue after upgrade to Windows 8.1

Since I updated to Windows 8.1 my Inspiron 2020's Bluetooth is not working properly.  I have windows phone (Nokia), earlier it used to connect and transfer files easily when windows 8 was installed, but in Windows 8.1 it gets connected then disconnect in a seconds.

How to resolve this issue? Any Bluetooth driver update or something else? Please help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
myocum
1 Nickel

RE: Inspiron One 2020 - Bluetooth Issue after upgrade to Windows 8.1

I am in the same boat.  Everything is enabled, drivers updated, and devices are updated, yet nothing seems to find my Dell 2020.  Just continues to show that its searching for devices.  Any help would be great!

0 Kudos
russell22
1 Copper

Same problem here. Before updating my wp was connecting to my pc easily, but now windows see him but won't connect...in driver manager i found that some bluetooth drivers (related to audio) have some problems, but updating nor re-installing won't help.

0 Kudos
Jeff_the_Man
1 Copper

I noticed this, too, on my machine.  It gave me an error that said the bluetooth driver wasn't working.  I'm currently not using any bluetooth devices, but I'd like the option to use bluetooth keyboard and mouse.  If anyone finds a solution, I'd like to know it.

0 Kudos
DaleHyde
1 Nickel

I just did the upgrade last night and now my Sprint LG phone will not stay connected.  I can get it to pair and then after about five seconds the PC says the connection is lost.  I have tried deleting the phone and adding it, but to no avail.  

There was never an issue with this when I was running Windows 8 on this machine.

I have searched high and low for a solution.  Dell does not provide one, nor does Windows.

My drivers all are good and working.  I have run through every suggestion I could find and nothing resolves this issue.

This appears to be a common problem with various "drivers" even if they show to be working properly and don't need to be updated.  There are some incompatibility issues apparently with Dell and Windows 8.1.

It would be nice to get someone to resolve this issue at a Dell Support Tech level, but I don't know how that can be done as it all seems about avoidance of dealing with the issue.

Edit Update - Solution Found!  I was able to solve my issue.  I wrote about it here: Bluetooth Connection Failure After Upgrading To Windows 8.1: Solution Found

0 Kudos