Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

11 Posts

September 19th, 2006 18:00

Inspiron USB ports?

My Inspiron 8500 has a problem with the USB ports. The lower one won't keep a connection, the top one is a bit touchy. I have an extended warantee, and the original is up the end of this month. I'm not even sure they are covered? Is there a local repair station in Tulsa? (probably not) I use this thing in my business every day. How can I get it fixed?

Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

September 19th, 2006 19:00

Contact Dell right away before the warranty runs out. You could need a new motherboard.

Message Edited by Mary G on 09-19-2006 04:56 PM

11 Posts

September 19th, 2006 20:00

Already tried that! "instant chat" with a lady (I think), evidently in India, (English was not great), (after waiting twenty minutes) who finally gave me a 1-800 number. Dialed that, and after another wait I tried to wade my way through an automated phone directory, and it instructed me to punch in my "account number", I gave my customer number, (which is the only number I know about, all I could find on my invoice) but that was not what was required. Don't know how to talk to a live person. Never heard "dial zero for an operator like many systems. 

Sure had better luck with Toshiba. Not sure when I changed brands this last time. Dumb move on my part, it appears.

Do you know how to get somebody on the phone?

Thanks...

610 Posts

September 19th, 2006 23:00

Call in to (800) 999-3355. Have your express service code ready. It is located on the bottom of your laptop on a sticker. Just follow the prompts - remember you are looking for technical support. You will probably wind up in India but they will be able to help you out. Stick with it.

11 Posts

September 20th, 2006 18:00

Thanks! I didn't have any idea where to find that code.

I really appreciate your help.
No Events found!