Gary4s
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron duo not auto rotating

I ended up messing up the driver on my duo when trying to recreate the problem that you are having.

Using this driver installed the correct driver for me.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R287101&Syst...

After I had it installed, I then got an error that the device could not start code(10). Doing a complete shut down not restart, seems to fix this.

More info at this link:   http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19369584/19841054.aspx

Let me know how you have come along.

Cheers

0 Kudos
xJKS
1 Copper

Gary

SUCCESS!!

Thanks for your help with this and sorry to hear that you messed up your system trying to help me.  I hope you have your Duo working again now.

I had almost given up on this one I as I didn't want to mess with the Resistry files.

Nice to finally have my Duo working as it should.

Thanks again

Josie

0 Kudos
nbland
1 Copper

Did you get the problem fixed, I just got my Dell Duo convertable laptop/tablet and I can't get it to rotate either, I didn't know I had to mess with the settings.....

Bland

0 Kudos
Gary4s
1 Copper

If you follow the previous posts, you should be able to get it working.

0 Kudos
nbland
1 Copper

Thanks, I did and yes it worked..................... the Duo goes from vertical to horizontal when I turn it! emoticon.Smile.title

0 Kudos
Pitts681
1 Copper

Hi, My name is Gary also. My Duo screen stopped rotating also. I haven't been able to solve this issue..Thanks. Gary

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Helpsey
1 Copper

Hello all. I've just managed to fix this and the solution is pretty surprising.

I did have Popup-DM.exe running so was surprised it wasn't working. I went to the sensor options (Accel-Mag Sensor Settings) in start menu to confirm the levels were working and started tilting the screens, and it switched tabs... switching left if I tilted left and right if I tilted right.

Basically (and stupidly) the way it works is when it senses rotation it simulates the KEYSTROKES for the HOT KEYS to rotate the display.

So it will not work if you've disabled hot keys.

TL;DR

If Popup-DM runnin but still not working, right click on desktop, go to Graphics Properties -> Hot Keys -> and check "Enable Hot Keys"

Cheers,

Tim

0 Kudos
adcorizzo
1 Copper

Hi Gary. I had the same problem. i just want to thanks you because I have resolved it following your instruction. (:-

Now I have another problem.....I cannot drag the documents when I am using the tablet. Any idea to resolve this issue? Thanks Gary.  

Alberto (UK)

0 Kudos
railprofessor
1 Copper

@Gary4s. Wanted to say thank you for your help. I had about given up hope that my screen would ever rotate again.  Came across your post tonight and it worked like a charm.  Found I love this little machine for reading books and am happy to report it actually is working correctly again.  Best Christmas present I could have asked for. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Gary4s
1 Copper

You are welcome. I am pleased that this post has helped you. They are great little machines.
0 Kudos