Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2017 11:00

Inspiron gaming 7577 audio issues

Just bought a new 7577 (i7/GTX1050 Ti). It has had audio issues from the start. First problem was that if I had a youtube video running in Chrome and minimized the window the video crashed. I suspected that this was the audio driver because I could hear clicking when this happened.

I changed the audio drivers to default windows HD audio and that fixed the problem, however now there was a new problem - every time there was any sound, there would be clicking right before it, and a "white noise" sound for a few seconds after it. Otherwise the sound was ok. To fix this I downloaded the latest Realtek audio driver from dell.com (v 6.0.1.8166) and installed it. This made the clicks/white noise go away (good) but the audio itself sounds like a tin can, no base at all, even if I turn my subwoofer all the way up.   

Any ideas how to fix this?

4 Posts

October 23rd, 2017 16:00

I think this has something to do with the Realtek HD Audio Manager.  I don't see the option to configure it in Control panel/Sound.

2 Posts

October 25th, 2017 21:00

I have the exact problem with my 7577. I've reverted to the Microsoft driver for now even if the sound is tinny as you describe it.

I've noticed that with the Realtek driver, if I clicked many times quickly on the Windows 10 volume mixer's slider the ding sound effect would distort, echo, crackle and lag. It does crackle a bit with the Microsoft driver but nowhere near as bad as the Realtek driver.

1 Message

November 16th, 2017 08:00

i got my 7577 2 weeks ago and after just switching the audio jack cable i used the last years on my 2008 dell laptop, now the subwoofer of my logitech z506 system stays mute. No subwoofer sound either over the logitech system neither over studio quality headphones...i dont have any config window from realtek...how is this possible dell'??even acer has the realtek options window. when i try to configure the sound it only allows 2.1 and i have a 5.1 system connected....i wrote dell assistance over a week ago and still no answer!!!

4 Posts

November 16th, 2017 09:00

I did what the guy in the other 7577 thread said and installed the standard audio drivers from Realtek's website and it solved most of my issues. Audio sounds normal now, however youtube videos still crash in Chrome if I minimise the window.

November 16th, 2017 20:00

I have the same problems tooo

No Events found!