Busymomma
1 Copper

Inspiron i5 3000 running slow

I bought my i5 3000 series a couple weeks ago off the Dell website.  I have only physically had the computer for just over a week.  Right from the beginning it was slow. Then I downloaded iTunes and Microsoft office (which was supposed to be included but was never installed).  After realizing I had downloaded the wrong Microsoft office I tried uninstalling it. Well almost 24 hours later it sat at step 2 of 4 for the uninstall.  Being frustrated with the performance of the computer I called Dell support.  They can help me fix the slowness of my computer all for the low price of $249. Are you fricking kidding me?!?! I just bought it and should never have had slow issues to begin with.  I am so disappointed with Dell and their service.  I will never buy from them again and will probably be returning my hunk of junk "new" computer.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: Inspiron i5 3000 running slow

I'm assuming windows 10 is on the system.....

I'd suggest you check for the latest windows updates are installed on your new computer. Right click the windows icon, click Settings, Update & Security, Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required. Anniversary update is the latest. Please click on link below:

support.microsoft.com/.../windows-update-faq

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Please click on link below, hopefully it will be of help:

Troubleshooting slow system performance

https://www.dell.com/Support/Article/us/en/19/SLN171944#Update-BIOS-and-Drivers

0 Kudos

Hi BUSYMOMMA,

What is the exact system model? What is the current OS installed on the system? 

When you mention system runs slow, please write a detailed description of what is slow.

If the system is freezing and slow to respond in any application, then Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us. Also, run the extended tests on the HDD and memory.

If the system was purchased with MS Office, then you would have received a product key with the required info. 

iTunes is Apple based application and will not be pre-installed on Microsoft based products.

Based on your response, we shall advise further course of action.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Rishi
Social Media and Communities Professional
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos