Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2015 07:00

Inspiron i7000 15 with 16 gb and 2gb Geforce 740mx runs games slow

Hi, When I got my laptop a little under a year ago it was a godsend, running everything I wanted on high. However recently it has lagged so much in all the games I had run perfectly on ultra settings before. So, I got antivirus protection as well as mal-ware protection and processor cleaners, no dice. I want to reset my system but I upgraded from windows 8 to 8.1 and heard that there is issues when using that function if that is the case. Please, any input would be great. And, if you know how I can reset my computer without issue please share. Thanks in advance.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 20th, 2015 11:00

Hi luis.oliveros,

If you perform a restore to factory state on your system it would restore the system back to operating system which came initially with the system. Please perform the following steps to restore the system back to factory state.

1. Plug in the AC adapter.
  2. Point to the right hand corner of the screen to bring up the charms bar.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Select ‘PC settings, In the PC settings window, select ‘General’.
  5. Once “General is selected, on the right side scroll down to click on ‘Restart Now’ under Advanced settings’
  6. In the next screen click on ‘Trouble shoot’.
  7. Click the Dell Backup and Recovery icon.
  8. The system restarts and comes back up, click ‘Next’ on the Dell Backup and Recovery Screen.
  9. The system would be checked to see if the smart repair option can fix the issue, click ‘Next’ once this is done.
  10. You will be prompted to select the backup to be used, click the factory image option or select from one of the backups. Click Next.
  11. You will be prompted to back up your files, if needed do so by selecting the option ‘Yes, backup my personal files’ (Make sure to have an external backup hard drive handy.) or select No, Erase my files.
  12. The system goes ahead and completes the restore of the operating system. Click Restart when prompted.
  13. Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the system with windows.

Note: Please backup your files before following the steps above to recovery to factory state.

1 Rookie

• 

2.1K Posts

May 20th, 2015 12:00

how is your internet running, is the speeds okay...also, ,,if you are using a router, might upgrade the firmware...just a thought...my computer started acting up lately, and a firmware upgrade solved all my problems..i was having browser problems, froze computer..

May 20th, 2015 18:00

Thanks a lot Ravi.

I have heard that If you upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1 then there are issues with this function. Has this been solved by now? Or are there some extra precautions I should take? I live in Korea now So getting service would be a bit of a hassle for me, so I am playing it safe. Thanks a lot for your help Ravi, I look forward to your reply

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 24th, 2015 11:00

Hi luis.oliveros,

I would suggest you to create recovery discs using the Dell backup and recovery and keep it aside. Then use the steps provided previously by me for restoring the system to factory state. Only if there is an integration issue you will not be able to restore the system to factory state.

3 Posts

May 25th, 2015 12:00

I would check out what is running in the background.  When you first get a laptop there might not be a virus checker and malware software installed.  Virus checker and malware detectors can slow down your laptop big time!  So check your active processes in Task Manager and kill anything that is high in system usage!

No Events found!