Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2013 08:00

Inspiron mini 10 blak screen

I'm having problems with my inspiron mini,when I am turning laptop on I'm only getting a black screen,the LED light is on.after researching online I have tried several methods 2 get it 2 work but still getting nothing

2 Posts

January 28th, 2013 09:00

I'm not getting a dell logo screen up.everything is just black

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

January 28th, 2013 09:00

Hi bubbles10,

Since there is no display in the system it may be a no video issue. Please follow the steps below. Go ahead and run the Hardware Diagnostic using the following instructions,

Turn the computer off >restart the computer       

At the Dell logo screen, start tapping the F12 key a few times until you see the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ appear.

At the one time boot menu press the down arrow key to highlight ‘Diagnostic’, then press Enter to begin the PSA diagnostics.

You will soon see different colors on the screen; at this point please press ‘N’ which will begin the LCD BIST Test. This test will help us to identify, if there is any issues with the LCD.

The screen will display multiple flashing colors. If you observe any blurry video, distortion and or any lines on your screen, it would mean that the LCD screen may be faulty.

Connect a known good monitor to your laptop and check if the problem still appears.

Refer to the link below for more information.

http://dell.to/US6hIM

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

January 29th, 2013 06:00

Hi bubbles10,

Please connect an external monitor and check if the problem still appears, let us know about the progress.

3 Posts

February 24th, 2013 18:00

I have the same issue, however when I hook up an external monitor it works just fine, but when I try and switch back to laptop screen I just have a black screen. The screen is on, just nothing displayed on it.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 26th, 2013 02:00

Hi kmmagnu,

I hope you have tried all the steps mentioned by me in the above post. In case you have tried all the steps and if still the problem persists, please send me the system service tag in a private chat. So that I can help you in further.

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details.

“To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/QjjZDA       

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

February 28th, 2013 19:00

Hi kmmagnu,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post.

No Events found!