Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2012 09:00

Inspiron n7110 not connecting to internet

Hi,

I'm  just bought the computer a month back and everything was working immaculately, however several days back the internet stopped working for my computer. I would connect to the my wifi router and entered the password however I have the all the bars but the yellow exclamation mark signaling I'm connected to the wifi router but enable to connect to the internet. I use several devices in the house that use the same router with no problems (such as my xbox360, iphone and my room mates lap top). I'm extremely lost and I hope to have some one assist me with the situation

August 21st, 2012 11:00

Hi,

As you have mentioned that there is a yellow exclamation mark on the Wi-Fi, it seems that the system has a limited connectivity.

I would recommend you to run the Troubleshooter. Right click the network icon in the below extreme right corner in the notification area of the task bar and then click Troubleshoot problem.   

Do respond with the results.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 21st, 2012 11:00

Infrared90Dell,

Are you using McAfee? If yes, use system restore and go back before Saturday night. McAfee had an update that cause connection problems. http://mcaf.ee/s3b79

Rick

August 23rd, 2012 15:00

Thx for the suggestion, as I was about to turn on the computer and boot it up. The problem went away by itself,  which is weird thx for the help guys.

No Events found!