Highlighted
Bobbie1080
1 Copper

Inspiron won't turn on

A few days ago, my Inspiron was plugged in. It would not charge, but as long as it was plugged in, it would stay on.  Now it won't. I plug it in, and the light that marks that it's charging turns on for a few seconds then turns off. The screen won't turn on at all. There are no beeps, no indication that anything is happening, aside from the light. I've tried a few different things in an attempt to fix it, to no avail. Is there any way to either turn it on or retrieve the info that's been stored on it?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Inspiron won't turn on

Hi BOBBIE1080,

What is the exact system model?

Is there any damage / liquid spillage on the system? Does the system overheat?

Are you using an original Dell OEM Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Could you test with another power adapter if possible?

Does the adapter led stay on and stable or does it go off when connected to the system?

Please check if there is any damage on the machine. Check if all the ports on the machine are fine or misaligned. Sometimes if the pins in the USB ports are touching each other, they are known to cause many issues on the machine.

Disconnect the adapter and battery and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to release any static power. Then test the system with the adapter only / battery only.

Press and hold the fn key + power button to turn on the system and it should initiate the diagnostics - check for any possible beep codes.

Enter the service tag and download the service manual - and open the chassis and disconnect the HDD / memory and check if the system responds or detects the absence of memory.

If nothing works, the motherboard needs to be replaced.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Rishi
Social Media and Communities Professional
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos