DomFrance67
1 Nickel

Re: Installing mSATA card on Inspiron 15R special edition (7520)

Jump to solution

Hello, I made that collage about the msata Card Smiley Wink Happy to know it is used to spread the info about that problem..

I know now that my Inspiron 15R SE has no mSata port.. is it possible to find/purchase the other daughter card (N7JHH) that has this port in order to change it on the motherboard ?

I seem able to find one without mSata on ebay, but not the one with msata.. can anybody help.. ?

Smiley Happy

Dom - France

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi  DomFrance67,

You can try contacting your regional Dell Sales (spare parts) to confirm if that part is available.

For contact information go to www.dell.com , select your region from the drop down(lower left),

Thank You

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

0 Kudos
DomFrance67
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

DELL doesn't seem to sell this kind of spare part.. only things like memory and batteries.. unless I'm mistaken.

I'm willing to buy it from DELL outside of France if anybody finds it (Spare part : N7JHH).

I had found a site in Romania : onlinesell.ro/product_info.php but they don't take orders for the moment Smiley Sad

If anyone can help Smiley Happy

PS : If you know the phone number for DELL Parts for France.. I'm also interested !

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi  DomFrance67,

Sorry for delay in response,was out of office due to weekly off.

You can try calling this number 0825 387 303 to talk to Dell sales representative in France.

Also refer to this Dell Website (France) : www.dell.com/.../p

0 Kudos
DomFrance67
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello Roshan,

I can see you have a picture of the daughter card.. could you send me or post another one with better/higher resolution ? So I can see the number/reference on it ? Do you confirm that N7JHH is the correct DELL part number of the daughter card WITH msata port ? Even in France (is it a worldwide DELL part number ?)

If I can't get it in France, do you think I could get it in Germany or say the UK ?

thanks

Dominique

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Dominique,

The picture on my earlier post is from a training document and numbers on it does not indicate the actual part numbers. N7JHH is a universal  Dell part number for daughter board with mSATA port for Inspiron 15R SE (7520).

For availability of part in other regions you will need to contact the regional sales team.

Thank You

0 Kudos
DomFrance67
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello guys, I had been looking for this part and calling/emailing DELL for four month.. and finally I got it !

To get the daughter card with mSata here is what I finally did :

- I called DELL and asked to speak with the "Spare Parts" department

(no need ot explain you complicated situation, just say you need to buy a part)

(maybe you'll have to wait a long time on the phone, so surf on the net while waiting on the phone,

and try to call them on a cheap number)

- Ask for the Dell part number "N7JHH" (it's an international reference number, meaning the same everywhere)

- It'll cost 11.5€ (!) - about 15$ (US) and they ship it for free (at least they did for me)

That's it, no more headaches..

well, you still have to disasemble your computer again and buy an mSata drive.. but at least now, you have your SSD drive for SRT caching or to put Windows on, and still have your 750GB or 1TB drive for the data Smiley Happy

The part for me seem to be shipped by UPS from the Netherland - I live in France - and it should arrive a week after my order Smiley Happy

(Laptop reference : Inspiron 15R SE 7520)

In case someone needs it, here is the french phone number for DELL

DomFrance67
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Complete steps of my installation of the msata drive here :

en.community.dell.com/.../20251653.aspx

0 Kudos
thimor
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This is my case. I contacted the dell support and told me that mine has support. when i disassembled everything, the daughter board has no slot. I almost bought the mSATA.

0 Kudos
PTScott33
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just ordered the 15r and fully expect to not have the mSATA port available. I want to replace the 750 with an SSD and use the original as storage. Has anybody tried something similar to the below product with success? Any issues with the BIOS recognizing and booting from either drive?

http://www.amazon.com/SATA-caddy-12-7mm-Universal-DVD-ROM/dp/B0056EW4A4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UT...

Also, can someone confirm if the drive in the 15r is 9.5mm or 12.7mm? These adapters seem to come in both sizes.

0 Kudos