RakkasanWifey
Not applicable

Integrated Webcam NOT working Dell 1737

I am about to throw out my Dell Studio that I've had for a mere 8 months!  The webcam doesn't work...not sure how long it hasn't worked since I've never really needed it until now since my husband is deployed.  We upgraded from Vista 64 bit to Windows 7.  I had many, many issues with my laptop after upgrading so I called Dell to see if they could send me out a OS disk to reinstall Vista.  Instead they send me a new hard drive with Vista already installed.  I've downloaded, uninstalled, reinstalled Dell Webcam Central.  To no avail, my camera still isn't working.  I've even downloaded the drivers, done windows update, so I'm at a complete loss as to what to do.  I don't want to spend hours on end with Dell if someone here can help me.  Apparently it's a huge problem with the studios...Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TheRealFireblad
5 Iridium

Re: Integrated Webcam NOT working Dell 1737

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

You appear to have already tried everything we would normally suggest, so it could just be that the camera is faulty?

But since the laptop is only 8 months old, it's still under warranty - so contact tech support again.

They'll likely have you try everything you've already tried yet again... but they'll hopefully (eventually) agree it requires replacement, and arrange an engineer's visit to do so?

From experience, I've found that:   “Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder”!!

XPS M1730:

Smoke Grey Magnesium Alloy Chassis - with White LED Backlights
17" UltraSharp WUXGA Widescreen TFT (1920 x 1200) with TrueLife
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz (800 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache)
4GB (2x 2GB) Patriot Signature PC2-5400 @ 667MHz
DUAL 512MB Nvidia 8800M GTX cards in SLi + 128MB Ageia PhysX
640GB SATA II (2x 320GB WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm)
8x Super-Multi DVD±RW
Creative X-Fi Notebook (ExpressCard) + Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
Integrated 2MP Webcam
Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card
TV Tuner and Dell Travel Remote Control
4-in-1 Flash Card Reader (SSD/MMC/MS Pro/xD)

230W AC Adapter / 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

0 Kudos