Anonymous
6 Gallium

Integrated Webcam Not working after windows 10 move

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Moved yesterday to win 10 and after the switch i had no nvidia drivers and webcam is not working. I managed to update drivers for nvidia and its all fine but i still have Integrated Webcam in Device Manager as not installed because of no drivers.

Noticed it while trying to use camera on skype. It simply doesnt work like its not there. Tried to look for drivers and topics but havent found anything and looks like others odnt have the issue. Everything was fine before installing windows 10. 

I got Alienware 17x Mid 2013 

Any idea how to fix it? i got nothing now

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
KBL
1 Nickel

RE: Integrated Webcam Not working after windows 10 move

Jump to solution

Just as a possible further fix for people who  are still having issues, try disabling fast start up. The problem seems to exist due to power not getting to the webcam usb quick enough.

www.windows10update.com/.../windows-10-tutorials-66-how-to-enable-or-disable-fast-startup

claminator
1 Copper

Jump to solution

So this didn't work either.  It's really very disappointing that Dell cannot do better than this for hardward that they installed in the system.

66 Replies
Anonymous
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

up, please anyone can help?

0 Kudos
shando69
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hey Buddy,

Also got the same problem, which is a PITA as I need the webcam for work-related Skype sessions.

Come on Dell, get your backsides into gear. You said that my Alienware was OK to upgrade to Win 10, and now I have an important piece of hardware that DOES NOT WORK!!

Shando

0 Kudos
Anonymous
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

Sorry for putting it up, but looking everywhere really and still cant find solution to this and use Skype for work related matters Smiley Sad Please anyone, i would be extremely grateful. I was thinking of going with fresh windows 10 install with clearning all partition but i dont think this might help in this matter and might only cause more problems or at least much more uneccesary work

Looking for help

0 Kudos
ixquiz
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I don't know if this will work for you but it worked for me.  I have a Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook and my integrated cam was not working.   Under device manager I went to the imaging devices, right clicked, and uninstalled.  It will tell you that you must restart your computer, and should be working from then on out.  This worked for me and hopefully will solve your problem.  Good luck!

-Ivan

Highlighted
ivannf
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had it in Device Manager as a "Hidden Device"  and uninstalled it, rebooted, and now it's gone altogether. I downloaded the driver from Dell and reinstalled and it still does not show. Someone messed up here!

narno06
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

anybody found a work around? Dell support,  would you be able to fix this issue?

it appears that it impacting a growing number of your customers as we are migrating slowly but surely to windows 10!

I have almost the same problem, the driver doesn't fail to install, Windows fails to find a driver.

the help section in this web page doesn't fix it either:

www.dell.com/.../SLN85507

note my machine is an xps 15 l521x.

the sad thing is the driver is not even offered for download on the support page, the only recommendation is to let windows 10 install it... So please provide it for download!!!

0 Kudos
angelosheart
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi, could you tell me how you managed to download the webcam driver from the Dell Website ?

My Dell computer is XPS 17 L702X. May I have a link where I can download the webcam drivers for my computer and make a try.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
ixquiz
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Looks like my fix was only temporary.  After starting my computer back up today for the first time since the "fix," it stopped working again.  I don't use the cam a lot, but I would like for it to work.

-Ivan

0 Kudos
narno06
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

ANGELOSHEART, that's the point, nobody managed to download drivers from Dell support, and Windows 10 obviously fails to find and/or install them.

that's why we're shouting our frustration on this board waiting for Dell support..