Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2015 10:00

Integrated Webcam Not working after windows 10 move

Hi, 

Moved yesterday to win 10 and after the switch i had no nvidia drivers and webcam is not working. I managed to update drivers for nvidia and its all fine but i still have Integrated Webcam in Device Manager as not installed because of no drivers.

Noticed it while trying to use camera on skype. It simply doesnt work like its not there. Tried to look for drivers and topics but havent found anything and looks like others odnt have the issue. Everything was fine before installing windows 10. 

I got Alienware 17x Mid 2013 

Any idea how to fix it? i got nothing now

17 Posts

April 8th, 2016 02:00

Just as a possible further fix for people who  are still having issues, try disabling fast start up. The problem seems to exist due to power not getting to the webcam usb quick enough.

www.windows10update.com/.../windows-10-tutorials-66-how-to-enable-or-disable-fast-startup

Webcam Video Help: 

3 Posts

June 21st, 2016 16:00

So this didn't work either.  It's really very disappointing that Dell cannot do better than this for hardward that they installed in the system.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 30th, 2015 14:00

up, please anyone can help?

3 Posts

July 30th, 2015 19:00

Hey Buddy,

Also got the same problem, which is a PITA as I need the webcam for work-related Skype sessions.

Come on Dell, get your backsides into gear. You said that my Alienware was OK to upgrade to Win 10, and now I have an important piece of hardware that DOES NOT WORK!!

Shando

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 31st, 2015 13:00

Sorry for putting it up, but looking everywhere really and still cant find solution to this and use Skype for work related matters :( Please anyone, i would be extremely grateful. I was thinking of going with fresh windows 10 install with clearning all partition but i dont think this might help in this matter and might only cause more problems or at least much more uneccesary work

Looking for help

5 Posts

August 6th, 2015 18:00

I don't know if this will work for you but it worked for me.  I have a Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook and my integrated cam was not working.   Under device manager I went to the imaging devices, right clicked, and uninstalled.  It will tell you that you must restart your computer, and should be working from then on out.  This worked for me and hopefully will solve your problem.  Good luck!

-Ivan

1 Message

August 8th, 2015 08:00

I had it in Device Manager as a "Hidden Device"  and uninstalled it, rebooted, and now it's gone altogether. I downloaded the driver from Dell and reinstalled and it still does not show. Someone messed up here!

10 Posts

August 8th, 2015 14:00

anybody found a work around? Dell support,  would you be able to fix this issue?

it appears that it impacting a growing number of your customers as we are migrating slowly but surely to windows 10!

I have almost the same problem, the driver doesn't fail to install, Windows fails to find a driver.

the help section in this web page doesn't fix it either:

www.dell.com/.../SLN85507

note my machine is an xps 15 l521x.

the sad thing is the driver is not even offered for download on the support page, the only recommendation is to let windows 10 install it... So please provide it for download!!!

1 Message

August 11th, 2015 12:00

Hi, could you tell me how you managed to download the webcam driver from the Dell Website ?

My Dell computer is XPS 17 L702X. May I have a link where I can download the webcam drivers for my computer and make a try.

Thank you for your help.

5 Posts

August 11th, 2015 15:00

Looks like my fix was only temporary.  After starting my computer back up today for the first time since the "fix," it stopped working again.  I don't use the cam a lot, but I would like for it to work.

-Ivan

10 Posts

August 12th, 2015 08:00

ANGELOSHEART, that's the point, nobody managed to download drivers from Dell support, and Windows 10 obviously fails to find and/or install them.

that's why we're shouting our frustration on this board waiting for Dell support..

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 12th, 2015 23:00

Hi Narno06 / Angelosheart ,

Camera on Dell Inspiron systems has native drivers from Windows operating system. I would suggest you to update the BIOS and the Chipset driver on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section and then chipset driver from chipset section onto the system and install it in compatibility mode.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

10 Posts

August 13th, 2015 21:00

Hi Ravi, thank you for taking the time to read this call for help!

BIOS was up to date.

Chipset drivers where not available at all when OS selected was Windows 10.

However they were an option for download when OS was Win 8 or 7.

I tried installing that version in compatibility mode but the install hang. Now that driver's last publish date was almost 2 years ago, I am pretty sure that's the version I have installed on the PC.

In any case web cam is still not working.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 15th, 2015 10:00

Hi Narno06,

I’d advise that you load defaults in the BIOS and check for issue resolution. Please follow the steps mentioned below to load the BIOS to defaults.

1. Reboot the computer.

2. When prompted during POST, press the key to enter the setup screen.

3. On the System Setup screen, press the key.

4. Press the key on Yes to Load Optimized Defaults and restart the computer.

Also, I would suggest you to run the test on Webcam on the system.

1.       Open the link http://dell.to/14YjKb2

2.       Select ‘Hardware’ under ‘Advanced’ tab.

3.       Select ‘Camera’.

4.       Click on ‘Run Diagnostics’ button.

5.       Let me know if the results.

10 Posts

August 16th, 2015 14:00

Hi Ravi, thank you for working with me on this.

I have done what you suggested, but it's a catch 22, the result of the test is this:

"We are unable to find the selected device. The device driver for your selected diagnostic is either not installed or installed incorrectly.Please ensure your device is enabled through your device manager or go to Drivers and Downloads to install the latest driver."

Now you seem to think it's bios related or in any case quite low level in the computer.

That webcam was working under Win7 it's right after the upgrade to Win10 that it dropped out of the device list.

I am thinking of performing a brand new install of Win10, may be going to Win7 before to see if the web cam is working properly again. Thankfully I have access to these OS.

Can you think of anything else to do before I wipe out the PC?

No Events found!