Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2015 10:00

Integrated Webcam Not working after windows 10 move

Hi, 

Moved yesterday to win 10 and after the switch i had no nvidia drivers and webcam is not working. I managed to update drivers for nvidia and its all fine but i still have Integrated Webcam in Device Manager as not installed because of no drivers.

Noticed it while trying to use camera on skype. It simply doesnt work like its not there. Tried to look for drivers and topics but havent found anything and looks like others odnt have the issue. Everything was fine before installing windows 10. 

I got Alienware 17x Mid 2013 

Any idea how to fix it? i got nothing now

1 Message

August 24th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

I also have DELL Inspiron computer and since I installed WINDOWS 10 I get the same problem with the integrated webcam not working.  Windows diagnostic did not fix the problem and I too am frustrated that the camera worked fine before the upgrade.  please send us a patch so that our SKYPE cameras work again.

4 Posts

August 25th, 2015 01:00

Will RESET mean I'll have to reinstall ALL my applications, even with "Keep files"?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 25th, 2015 03:00

Guys i started the topic , replied long ago but it was deleted(no idea why)

Just do fresh install of windows 10 on your computer by going into System/Recovery/Restore

I did fresh install with removing all files, because its better for all your future work than upgrading from any windows to windows 10. Save your all important files, move to other partitions and do Windows 10 restore with cleaning c: disc(where you keep system) . You can proabbly also do this with keeping your files if you really want to, but better would be to make a clean installation/ install all you need and bring back your files that you saved before installation.

After i did windows 10 clean install, camera and all worked good. 

10 Posts

August 25th, 2015 12:00

seriously Adevlin? you found the thread, you found the time to post a comment but did not find the time to READ it?

Solution is few comments up, no need for a patch.

10 Posts

August 25th, 2015 12:00

Msenin10,

as far as I could tell: yes it did uninstall the few extra software I had.

A list is of apps that were not re-installed was created and saved on the desktop for information.

August 29th, 2015 04:00

Hi Everyone,

I just got a new update for the webcam issue. I uninstalled the USB Imaging device from Device Manager and the new drivers got loaded when I restarted the system. The new driver works beautifully!

Above is the snapshot of my Events after I uninstalled the webcam and restarted my PC. Notice it still says Device Not Migrated but my Webcam now works. Funny how that happened.

Regards,

Manoj

1 Message

September 2nd, 2015 09:00

Hi, i have same webcam problem with my Vostro. Followed these instructions but couldn't bring myself to press Reset (even keeping files - what else do I lose?). And assuming my webcam isn't faulty, because it worked fine in Win7, are we confident that this fix works?

Dell advised me I was good to migrate to W10. I like many of the features but use the webcam a lot for business. Please help.

September 5th, 2015 04:00

& Welcome to La La Land again... Both TouchPad and Integrated Webcam again on the blink. Now its getting to a point where it is not funny anymore. Are we gonna get a resolution? Uninstalling and restarting just keeps giving me a "Device Not Migrated" Entry everytime in Device Manager. HELP!

1 Message

September 5th, 2015 16:00

I am having the same issue after upgrading to Windows 10. Are we supposed to believe that suddenly all our webcams have gone faulty? Really?

1 Message

September 11th, 2015 05:00

I have the same issue after a Windows 10 64 bits update over a XPS 13 9343. I don´t find any related solution for this issue. Any suggestion? 

September 16th, 2015 15:00

Ravi -

Continued Integrated Webcam issues in Win10 with my XPS 15 L521X

Tried working through remote-services and they "diagnosed" a hardware issue, however there was no resolution after replacement parts were installed.

Please help escalate this up the ladder - either DELL needs to issue a driver or DELL needs to get Microsoft to create a driver for the many who continue to have this problem.

-Jon

September 21st, 2015 13:00

I did the entire restore deal and lost multiple programs and STILL have no integrated camera and it doesn't even show up on my device list anymore. Can ANYONE help us with this issue. I have written some very unpleasant posts here hoping against hope that someone would have a solution but all to no avail. I still have no camera.

September 21st, 2015 13:00

Ravi, I did the restore thing and my camera problem is NOT fixed. Now my integrated camera doesn't show up in my device file. I am really stuck!!! pLEASE help us out here.

October 1st, 2015 09:00

Well ... after much wrangling my "integrated camera" show up in the device file but now on Skype it looks like it is terminal loading mode with the circular arrow continuously running. Obviously Dell is aware of this problem but either does not have a solution or just doesn't care as NO one has come up with a solution. I have checked the drivers and they say that I have the correct ones and that my camera is "working correctly" BUT IT IS NOT. This is so frustrating ... someone PLEASE help us all. Maybe the answer is Lenova or Toshiba.

4 Posts

October 1st, 2015 10:00

A new laptop may be an overkill, but you can buy a Logitech 1080p hd USB camera with Karl Zeiss lens for $30 or less. That's what I did. There's no way I'm going to spend 10 hours reinstalling Windows and all apps for the sake of a [lousy] internal web camera. It's like working for $3 per hour -- not even the minimum wage.

AFAIK it's not a Dell problem -- it's a Windows problem and the way it's recognizing the hardware. The webcam driver is a standard USB device driver in windows, usbvideo.inf. So don't blame Dell.

No Events found!