msenin01
1 Copper

RE: Integrated Webcam Not working after windows 10 move

Jump to solution

Will RESET mean I'll have to reinstall ALL my applications, even with "Keep files"?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

Guys i started the topic , replied long ago but it was deleted(no idea why)

Just do fresh install of windows 10 on your computer by going into System/Recovery/Restore

I did fresh install with removing all files, because its better for all your future work than upgrading from any windows to windows 10. Save your all important files, move to other partitions and do Windows 10 restore with cleaning c: disc(where you keep system) . You can proabbly also do this with keeping your files if you really want to, but better would be to make a clean installation/ install all you need and bring back your files that you saved before installation.

After i did windows 10 clean install, camera and all worked good. 

0 Kudos
narno06
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

seriously Adevlin? you found the thread, you found the time to post a comment but did not find the time to READ it?

Solution is few comments up, no need for a patch.

0 Kudos
narno06
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Msenin10,

as far as I could tell: yes it did uninstall the few extra software I had.

A list is of apps that were not re-installed was created and saved on the desktop for information.

0 Kudos
Manoj_Kamath
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

I just got a new update for the webcam issue. I uninstalled the USB Imaging device from Device Manager and the new drivers got loaded when I restarted the system. The new driver works beautifully!

Above is the snapshot of my Events after I uninstalled the webcam and restarted my PC. Notice it still says Device Not Migrated but my Webcam now works. Funny how that happened.

Regards,

Manoj

duhhovrin
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi, i have same webcam problem with my Vostro. Followed these instructions but couldn't bring myself to press Reset (even keeping files - what else do I lose?). And assuming my webcam isn't faulty, because it worked fine in Win7, are we confident that this fix works?

Dell advised me I was good to migrate to W10. I like many of the features but use the webcam a lot for business. Please help.

0 Kudos
Manoj_Kamath
1 Copper

Jump to solution

& Welcome to La La Land again... Both TouchPad and Integrated Webcam again on the blink. Now its getting to a point where it is not funny anymore. Are we gonna get a resolution? Uninstalling and restarting just keeps giving me a "Device Not Migrated" Entry everytime in Device Manager. HELP!

0 Kudos
seattaball
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue after upgrading to Windows 10. Are we supposed to believe that suddenly all our webcams have gone faulty? Really?

0 Kudos
clcm
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the same issue after a Windows 10 64 bits update over a XPS 13 9343. I don´t find any related solution for this issue. Any suggestion? 

0 Kudos
JonWoodburn
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Ravi -

Continued Integrated Webcam issues in Win10 with my XPS 15 L521X

Tried working through remote-services and they "diagnosed" a hardware issue, however there was no resolution after replacement parts were installed.

Please help escalate this up the ladder - either DELL needs to issue a driver or DELL needs to get Microsoft to create a driver for the many who continue to have this problem.

-Jon

0 Kudos