scootergrubb
1 Copper

RE: Integrated Webcam Not working after windows 10 move

Jump to solution

I did the entire restore deal and lost multiple programs and STILL have no integrated camera and it doesn't even show up on my device list anymore. Can ANYONE help us with this issue. I have written some very unpleasant posts here hoping against hope that someone would have a solution but all to no avail. I still have no camera.

0 Kudos
scootergrubb
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Ravi, I did the restore thing and my camera problem is NOT fixed. Now my integrated camera doesn't show up in my device file. I am really stuck!!! pLEASE help us out here.

0 Kudos
scootergrubb
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Well ... after much wrangling my "integrated camera" show up in the device file but now on Skype it looks like it is terminal loading mode with the circular arrow continuously running. Obviously Dell is aware of this problem but either does not have a solution or just doesn't care as NO one has come up with a solution. I have checked the drivers and they say that I have the correct ones and that my camera is "working correctly" BUT IT IS NOT. This is so frustrating ... someone PLEASE help us all. Maybe the answer is Lenova or Toshiba.

0 Kudos
msenin01
1 Copper

Jump to solution

A new laptop may be an overkill, but you can buy a Logitech 1080p hd USB camera with Karl Zeiss lens for $30 or less. That's what I did. There's no way I'm going to spend 10 hours reinstalling Windows and all apps for the sake of a [lousy] internal web camera. It's like working for $3 per hour -- not even the minimum wage.

AFAIK it's not a Dell problem -- it's a Windows problem and the way it's recognizing the hardware. The webcam driver is a standard USB device driver in windows, usbvideo.inf. So don't blame Dell.

y0himba
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Same problem here. The last driver issued was 2008.  When installing the webcam, Microsoft installs a driver from 2006, then updates it to the Creative driver from 2008.

Dell needs to issue an updated driver for the Creative Integrated Monitor Webcam.

I am in the Insider program. The latest insider build will not install until the webcam is uninstalled, and unplugged.

In order to run build 10565, I have to go into safe mode, disable my webcam, then reboot.  The webcam simply will not work with Windows 10 until an updated driver is issued.

Blanket, generic, script driven suggestions such as updating the chipset or BIOS are not even remotely a fix here.

0 Kudos
eddieatr
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am not sure how it works but I tried this and got back my webcam.

Install Cyberlink YouCam 7 software. Its free. You will be requested to restart after finish installation.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
y0himba
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

That software is not free. Issue persists. 

0 Kudos
KarlaAkins
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Having the exact same problem with the exact same laptop. Help!

0 Kudos
y0himba
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I have been told, in no uncertain terms over Twitter, that this webcam driver will not be updated.

Alienware Support @AlienwareTech

Unfortunately when the monitor was released, it was only supported with Windows XP and Vista, as mentioned before, which means it is not compatible with Windows 10, as the last only supports up to Windows 7 and 8 platforms.

0 Kudos
fzozi975
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Worked for me on my XPS12