Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2017 17:00

Integrated Webcam access is denied

Hello,

I have this "

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Access is denied"

in properties of Integrated Webcam.

I have tried to update driver and remove USB root hub, but still have the same problem.

Any ideas how to fix this issue. I have Dell Inspiron 15, with Windows 8.1.

Thanks in advance.

9.4K Posts

November 29th, 2017 05:00

Hi alxsss,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your laptop camera is not working as expected.  If you could please post the specific model number of your computer, perhaps the experts here can give more explicit advice.  Thanks.

Here is some information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful.

• 

16.7K Posts

November 29th, 2017 05:00

alxsss,

Click the link below for resolving issues with the webcam installed on your laptop.

Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software Guide

4 Posts

November 29th, 2017 16:00

Thanks for responses.

@DELL-Jesse L

Uninstalling the Webcam driver and restarting the laptop did not help. After checking "Show hidden devices" I do not see Imaging devices in the Device Manager. Integrated Webcam is under Other devices

@DELL-ROBERT P

This is Dell Inspiron 15, service tag .

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks.

Alex.

9.4K Posts

December 8th, 2017 08:00

There are quite a few Inspiron 15's.  Which particular Inspiron 15 (3000, 5000, 7000 series) do you have?  

4 Posts

December 12th, 2017 16:00

Inspiron 3542.

4 Posts

December 12th, 2017 21:00

Hello,

I decided to reset  Windows 8.1. Now, I see Imaging devices in Device Manager. Under it, there is SPCA2082 PC Camera. When I tried to use Skype, camera lights but  video holds for about 1 min then disappears.  SPCA2082 PC Camera is  gone under Imaging devices and now I see Integrated Webcam.  

Under, Other devices, there are SM Bus Controller and USB2.0-CRW. For both of them I see "The driver for this device are not installed. (Code 28). Trying to update  does not resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Alex.

No Events found!