OhTheBether
1 Copper

Integrated Webcam for XPS M1530

So I had to install a new hard drive in my laptop and after the Windows installation and updating and all that good stuff, everything seems to be working fine except for the integrated webcam.  The webcam manager is there, but there is no webcam program and I can't figure out how to make it work.  I tried the Dell Download thing but it says that my Service Tag is not supported- I'm pretty sure that I need the Webcam Central program but I cannot for the life of my figure out how to get it.  Anyone?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
7- Thorium

Re: Integrated Webcam for XPS M1530

onthebether,

When you reinstalled Windows, did you install the desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers first? If not the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Did you try using these drivers? Dell Webcam Central

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Re: Integrated Webcam for XPS M1530

OhTheBether,

WHAT??? YOU DIDN'T DO ANY OF THAT???

Just start with the desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers and start installing them all over again. Things should start working.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos