Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 31st, 2010 19:00

Integrated Webcam on E6400 with Windows 7

Hello, All!  I am new here, so let me see how this goes.  I have a Dell E6400, with an integrated camera,  that I just installed Windows 7 on.  I can see that the driver is loaded according to the device manager, but I'm unable to use the camera.  The camera is said to be manufactured by Creative Labs, and I don't see anything on their web page in regards to this.  Can anyone kindly give me suggestions as to where I can obtain software, hopefully without additional costs, to be able to use my camera since I've upgraded to Windows 7?  Is there a special CD or something that I need to get (purchase) directly from Dell?  Any help would be greately appreciated.  Thanks. 

7 Posts

August 25th, 2010 14:00

Try installing the driver R213648

I did it.. it works win MSN and Skype

Good luck

1 Message

January 13th, 2015 02:00

good morning,

I can not find the driver for integrated webcam DELL 6400 for Windows 7 Ultimate,

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards.

2 Posts

August 18th, 2010 13:00

I am too have a Dell E6400, with an integrated camera and Windows 7.  I downloaded DellWebcamSW driver, but I am getting "Setup could not detect any webcam central on your system" error. I hate dell.

285 Posts

January 13th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Try this below link to download Dell Webcam Software

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

1 Message

June 22nd, 2015 10:00

hi I tried this driver but it said could not find camera even through device manager says working good.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 26th, 2015 09:00

edl1204,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers and Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Make a system restore point.

Start, control panel, device manager, Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign. Go to each USB Root Hub. right click on it, left click uninstall.

Restart your computer. When you login, the new hardware wizard will reinstall everything. Please be patient, it could take up to 2 minutes.

Try the webcam and see if it works.

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Rick

No Events found!