Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 15th, 2015 10:00

Integrated webcam in black and white, Dell Inspiron 15r 5537

Hi,

I have had my Dell inspiron 15r 5537 for about 8 months now and I have noticed that the integrated webcam is in black and white and it was fine when I got my laptop.

I am not sure when this problem occurred but I can't find any drivers on the Dell website for my webcam. I have tried disabling and and enabling the camera however I have not uninstalled the driver because I am worried it could not work all together if I can't find the driver!

Thanks and I hope this can be fixed,

Thejfw2000

Information if this helps:

Windows 8 64 bit

I5

8GB Ram

2GB AMD Radeon

Thanks again

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 16th, 2015 14:00

thejfw2000,

Please continue with Ravi. I have a suggestion that may work.

Open Dell Webcam Central. If you do not have Dell Webcam Central installed you can download this file also known as Dell Webcam Central Version 1.40.05

Click on settings, then click on restore default. If the color button is all the way to the left, I did notice that the webcam is in black and white.

Rick

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

February 16th, 2015 02:00

Hi thejfw2000,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the link below to refresh the Webcam drivers for issue resolution.

1. Move the mouse cursor to the upper right corner of the screen until the Charms Bar appears.
  2. Click Search.
  3. Right-Click Computer.
  4. Click Properties.
  5. Click Device Manager in the upper left-hand corner.
  6. Click the arrow to the left of Imaging devices
  7. Right-click Integrated webcam or USB camera.
  8. Click Uninstall.
  9. Confirm the uninstall process by clicking OK.
  10. Once uninstalled, restart the computer. 

Note: Windows 8 (8.1) will automatically detect and install the Webcam drivers.

3 Posts

February 16th, 2015 03:00

Hi Ravi BC,

Thanks for the fast response, however I have tried this twice now and no results as it is still black and white. I followed the steps and uninstalled then restarted yet when I tried my webcam it was black and white exactly like it was before.

Thanks for replying and I hope it can be fixed,

thejfw2000

3 Posts

July 29th, 2015 04:00

Hi,

Sorry for the very long reply, I tried this admittedly thinking this wouldn't work, however it did! Thank you very much, it completely sorted out my problem, thanks a lot once again,

Thejfw2000 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 29th, 2015 08:00

thejfw2000,

Glad you got it working! Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!