Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 30th, 2012 07:00

Integret Graphic Card Problem

I did buy an Dell inspiron Laptop N7110

Today i'am not gonna speak about Nvidia and integret intel graphic, i don't have any problem at that ! i already finished battlefield 3 and MW3 and a lot of other games , well i'am a producer i'am making some sound ( trance house ect ... ) so i did put another screen , well my problm is recently 2 weeks a ago i think , when i 'am working or playing or making music the screen stop and some times get all red or white or any other color , for 2 or 3 secends then the screen get black and stops, some time it reset automatically and the screen get back to normal and i get a windows problm msg ,i  think is that intel driver for windows 7 has been stop working or dosn respond any more some thing like that and some times the main screen take place to the secend screen that i did put recently and the laptop screen get black , and when i reboot some time when i open the laptop it get all red i don't know why can some body help me please ps sorry for my english.

September 30th, 2012 08:00

Hi Lyann,

This issue may occur if the video drivers are not installed properly. I would inform you to check in device manager if all the drivers are properly installed.
Follow the steps below to check in device manager:

• Click Start > type in device manager on the search bar and press enter.
  • Check the driver listed under display adapters.
  • Also check the drivers listed under other devices.
  • If any unknown device is listed under other devices it indicates that the driver is missing.
You can install the Intel driver from the following link.  http://dell.to/QrPxXe
Also, does the issue occur only when you connect the second screen (external monitor) or does it also occur without it?
What message do you get after this issue occurs?

You can try to perform the Dell Diagnostics to determine if there is any hardware failure. To perform the diagnostics, follow the steps:

1. Turn off the computer; press and hold the key, push the power button and release the keys simultaneously.

2. A blue screen will appear stating Pre-boot System Assessment .

3. A screen will appear with a message 'Were color bars displayed?(y/n).

4. Press 'Y' key if the color bars are displayed properly. 

5. If you get any error code, make a note of it and continue testing.

6. Please share the error codes if any.

I will also recommend you to update the BIOS to the latest version from the link below
http://dell.to/Sviv85

Hope this helps. Please reply for any further questions.

17 Posts

September 30th, 2012 08:00

September 30th, 2012 12:00

Hi Lyann,

As the hardware diagnostics have passed, it implies that the hardware is working well. As you have installed the drivers from a third party website, I would recommend you to uninstall the video drivers and reinstall the drivers from the Dell website as they have been tested by Dell product group team.

Please follow the steps below to uninstall the drivers:

• Click Start > type in device manager on the search bar and press enter.
  • Right click on the drivers listed under display adapters and uninstall them one by one.While uninstalling please check the box to uninstall the software.
  • Click on Start > control panel > Program and features > Add/Remove programs
  • Look for  Intel HD 3000 or Nvidia Control panel and uninstall it.
Once this is done restart the system, and update the BIOS to the latest version from the link below
http://dell.to/Sviv85
The system will restart once the BIOS is updated.
Next install the video drivers from the links mentioned below:
Intel HD 3000:   http://dell.to/QrPxXe
Nvidia :  http://dell.to/PDwPfG
All the drivers for your system are also available on the below link:
http://dell.to/V2jkvJ
If this does not resolve the issue, then I would recommend you to restore the system to the factory default settings.

PC Restore steps for Windows 7  (PC restore is done from a image saved in partition in the hard drive. If you have tried an operating system installation previously, PC restore may not work.)

Note:Restoring the original factory image erases ALL existing data. This includes files, folders, programs, drivers, E-mails, photos. Before performing a PC Restore, back up all personal files. If you do not back up your personal files, the data will be lost. 

1. Turn on the Computer and start pressing the “F8”  Key on the first Dell logo. Keep on pressing the “F8” key on first Dell screen until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

2. Highlight "Repair Your Computer" and hit enter.

3. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.

4. Enter your Password and click ok.

5. On Choose a Recover Tool Window

Select: Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup

6. You Get:

• Restore computer and preserve my new or changed files
  • 2 Select other System Backup and more options

7. Select: Select other System Backup and more options

You get:

•  Restore my computer
  •  Backup Files and folders

8. Select: Restore my computer.

9. Confirm the restore and continue.

10. Select: Factory Image restore

11. Choose Restore without preserving new or changed files and click on Next.

12. Click on Continue.

13. When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.

The software is now installed, as it was, when the computer was first received. You can also check the link below for more information on PC restore.

http://dell.to/OxBO5H

Please reply for any further questions.

October 1st, 2012 04:00

Hi Lyann,

Thank you for your reply.

There are a few things I would like to know before providing you with any troubleshooting steps.

• Have you installed Windows 7  and Windows 8 both on different partitions on this system?
  • Is the same issue occurring with both the operating systems?
  • Once the windows was installed, did you download the drivers from the Dell website that I provided to you on my above post?

I do not feel that there is an issue with the hardware, as the red screen is coming up intermittently. I would recommend you to do a clean re-installation (after deleting all partitions) of Windows 7 from the DVD that you received from Dell and then download the drivers from the following link:

http://dell.to/V2jkvJ

Please reply for any further questions.

17 Posts

September 30th, 2012 10:00

Hey ,

All my drivers are installed :) i used Touslesdrivers.com to install my drivers and it's working :) ...

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/495572Drivers.png

The problem persist with and withouy the external monitors ...

i'am working on the last one :)

17 Posts

September 30th, 2012 11:00

well well well, i am having the same problm even in the test it's start analyzing well

he start

1 - System : OK

2 - Cables : OK

3 - OS Boot Path : OK

4 - Hard Drive 0 : OK

5 - CDROM Drive 0 : OK

when he did start testing the Video Card i've just seen the same problm but He just put the green icon that's meen there are no problms, but the screen get black fora while ! and even after the screen get black for 1 or 2 sec and get back  to normal , even when you is testing the Memory and Processor ...

6 - Video Card : OK

he said that there are no problm with this i don't remember what ! and i did accept the memroy test the secend one ! still waiting !

17 Posts

September 30th, 2012 13:00

Thank you very mush i'am working on it :)

17 Posts

September 30th, 2012 13:00

when i click to uninstall the driver the screen get black and i need to reboot the PC, well do you thing that formatting and installing a new copy of windows & putting new drivers can solve the problem ? because it's my plan and i 'am already copying my files to my second PC using the network-sharing-files ... if you think that it's a better solution i'am gonna burn an windows iso file and starting just after copying my files :)

17 Posts

September 30th, 2012 17:00

and when i did reboot the screen was all red lol ...

17 Posts

September 30th, 2012 17:00

i've made a new disk partition and i've installed windows 8 and i was playing for an hour and nothing happend but when i've get out from the game and after a while the same problm getted back the first time and then he told me the driver reseted back and the screen get back to work i opend the game again and after 2 mints and when i was playing the screen get all to brown and this time for the first time the pc has reboot it self by it self ! i runned the test and with the Fn Key all test passed like always but after a while the screen geted back to black :/ what should i do ?

17 Posts

October 2nd, 2012 02:00

Hey ,

Have you installed Windows 7  and Windows 8 both on different partitions on this system? : YES

Is the same issue occurring with both the operating systems? : YES

Once the windows was installed, did you download the drivers from the Dell website that I provided to you on my above post? : YES

I already did that and i've delete all Disk partitions and clean them-up & made a new one, with a new windows 7 Copie from Microsoft's Web-site ( untouched ) and i nstalled all drivers from you're link and it's all working fine ( for now ) , i'am testing it for now, and i'll replay after some days of testing.

Thank you for helping me out :) And have a nice day :)

October 3rd, 2012 08:00

Hi Lyann,

Thank you for the reply.

I am glad that everything is working fine now. I would also recommend you to do all the important windows updates. Please keep me posted for any further issues.

17 Posts

October 3rd, 2012 10:00

hey, after a whyle of testing i noticed that using a lot of capacity of my proccesor or my graphic carte this provoque the problm ( when the computer get hot after playing a game that's need a lot of prosscor capacity or graphic card or when i was making some music this use almost all the proccesor then the problm take place ) what should i do ? do you recommande that i clean it from inside ?

October 3rd, 2012 11:00

Hi Lyann,

I would recommend to clean the air vents and update the system BIOS of the computer.

Below are the steps to clean the air vents:

1. Check the vents on the computer to see if they are covered with dust and not allowing heat and air to pass through.
  2. Turn off the System.
  3. Unplug the AC Adapter.
  4. Remove the Battery.
  5. Use Compressed Air to blow the dust out of the vents.
The air vents are located at the left side of the system. Please check the pic below.

Note: Please use compressed air can. When using compressed air can, use the can according to the directions on the side of the can as you can cause damage to the computer if used incorrectly.

Please update BIOS:

Note: Before updating BIOS please ensure that:

*Battery is 10%> or >10% charged

*Battery charger should be connected

*No external devices (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) should be connected.

*All other programs should be closed and documents saved

1. Click on the link http://dell.to/UFL9Fi
  2. Click on ‘Get Driver’
  3. Check on the radio box ‘Single-file download’
  4. Click on ‘Continue’
  5. Click on ‘Save’
  6. Choose the location as desktop, save the file on the desktop
  7. Right click and choose ‘Run as Administrator’
  8. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the program

Restart the computer.

You can also check the video on how to upgrade the BIOS by clicking on the link below.
http://dell.to/PPYp9A

Please reply if you have any further questions. 

17 Posts

October 3rd, 2012 12:00

Hey,

Thanks for this method but i just can't understand this "Note: Please use compressed air can. When using compressed air can, use the can according to the directions on the side of the can as you can cause damage to the computer if used incorrectly." there are a lot of "can" ...

No Events found!