Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2017 09:00

Intel Chipset Device Software Driver Install

The Driver will not install on my XPS 13 9360 and continues to call for a Reboot.  I am using the Dell SupportAssist. 

2.3K Posts

August 17th, 2017 12:00

One thing you could try is the stand alone driver located here under chipset/driver.  The latest one will be on the top. 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 17th, 2017 14:00

Which driver is it?

You can uncheck the driver in SupportAssist and even disable driver updates on the upper right of the window.

2 Posts

August 18th, 2017 08:00

Thank you

2 Posts

August 18th, 2017 18:00

Yep-I have have found the same thing. Support Assist lists it as a Recommended update rather than an Urgent one so it probably doesn't matter, but it's strange that when I click "Install Selected" it seems to go through an installation action, then requests a reboot, but on checking back in Support Assist it's still shown there, staring at me as before, under Recommended. As someone who likes things neat and tidy this is frustrating. I hope we get a formal comment, or a fix.

1 Message

August 18th, 2017 22:00

I have the exact same issue on my XPS 13 9360 Win10 Pro. Have tried Support Assist, Dell System Detect driver detect and install, Dell Update, and stand alone installer. All of them say the chipset driver installs but after reboot say it is still needed. Super frustrating.

2 Posts

August 19th, 2017 21:00

It's actually worse than this because after the other updates, which included update to Bios 2.0.1, I've had several blue screens that have taken a few reboots to overcome. I also now see a notification saying "Display Driver failed to start, using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead. Check Windows Update for a newer display driver. I haven't done that but will do so now. If that doesn't work I'll contact support..

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 21st, 2017 01:00

Hi Ampelos,

Thank you for your message.

What is the version of support assist installed on your system?

What is the error code you get on the blue screen?

Please check the BIOS version & the graphic driver version installed.

Does the blue screen error come up when using any particular application?

For better assistance, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

No Events found!