Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2012 23:00

Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers crashing.

I have windows 7 Inspiron 1545 that keeps going to a black screen, recovering, and then saying "Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows Vista(R) stopped responding and has fully recovered."

But I do not have vista. Do I need to update?

4.4K Posts

November 30th, 2012 23:00

Hi flandarr,

Welcome to the Community,

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics card driver.To uninstall go to Device Manager(Control Panel,System,Hardware),expand Display Adapters,right click on the Mobile Intel graphics card,click uninstall,put check mark for delete driver software,click OK.

Reboot the system,download and reinstall the driver from this link below :

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-1545

Hope this helps,

5 Posts

December 1st, 2012 22:00

I did as you said and now the display is large, stretched, and even as I change it to the highest resolution it remains the same.

5 Posts

December 1st, 2012 22:00

Also, when I go to change window colors, does not change and shows me options for XP.

5 Posts

December 2nd, 2012 19:00

Hi, I tried this again and I am still having problems with the display.

4.4K Posts

December 4th, 2012 02:00

Hi flandarr,

After uninstalling the driver did you reinstall the driver from the link in my previous post?

Did it get installed successfully or did you get any error?

5 Posts

December 4th, 2012 16:00

Hello again.

I restored the system to an earlier time and then repeated the steps. After multiple restarts this time it worked.

4.4K Posts

December 5th, 2012 03:00

Glad it worked.

1 Message

March 14th, 2013 17:00

I did this with my laptop, which was having the same problem, and it has only been an hour, but it definitely seems to have fixed the problem! Thanks!

12 Posts

March 15th, 2013 01:00

Try to re install the graphic driver  and restart your computer again.

16 Posts

April 26th, 2013 22:00

pls help me!!! itried it but didnt work.. it says "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software. setup will exit."

16 Posts

April 26th, 2013 22:00

pls help me!!! itried it but didnt work.. it says "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software. setup will exit."

4.4K Posts

April 27th, 2013 03:00

Hi imgotico,

Welcome to the Community,

Did you follow the below steps to uninstall the driver before reinstalling?

To uninstall go to Device Manager(Control Panel,System,Hardware),expand Display Adapters,right click on the Mobile Intel graphics card,click uninstall,put check mark for delete driver software,click OK.

May I know your full system model and Windows version installed on your system? Does your system have the Intel graphics card?

Also confirm if you're having the same issue as the original poster on this thread.

Thank You

16 Posts

April 30th, 2013 23:00

yes, but it failed. inspiron 1545, using windows 7 yes, i have the same problem with the original poster

4.4K Posts

May 1st, 2013 05:00

Hi imgotico,

Check if your system is running with Windows 7 (32-bit).Click on start menu,right click Computer,select Properties.

If it showsWindows 7 32-bit then try to reinstall this Video driver(for 32 bit): lt.dell.com/.../lt.aspx

Let me know if this works.

16 Posts

May 3rd, 2013 00:00

yes, its  Windows 7 (32-bit). but when i tried to unzip the file, it says "this self-extracting file is part of a multidisk zip file. Please insert the last disk of the set". :'(

No Events found!