Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 19th, 2017 14:00

Intel HD3000 and win 10 driver issue

I have a user with a Dell Vostro 2420 that has been running Windows 10 for about a year or so and has been fine up until updates that were applied last night. Now there is an exclamation next to the video driver (Intel HD 3000 sandy bridge) and he cannot use his second screen. We cannot update it as Windows shows there is no update available and the “rollback” option is grayed out.

Upon checking Dell’s site, they don’t even offer a video driver for the Vostro 2420 running Windows 10, only 8.1 so I grabbed that one, extracted it and then tried to manually update the video driver but it said the best one was installed already. Next I went to Intel’s driver download page to grab the newest one available. But I had the same problem. Now we can’t update or rollback. How can I resolved this and prevent Windows 10 from updating the video driver in the future?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/graphics-for-2nd-generation-intel-processors/intel-hd-graphics-3000.html

• 

16.7K Posts

July 20th, 2017 09:00

pstoric,

If there is no windows 10 driver available for your system, you would use the Windows 10 native drivers. Click the link below to see if the utility will work for you.

Intel Driver Update Utility

1 Message

September 30th, 2017 12:00

Hi pstoric,

I'm running Windows 10 usnig Intels version 9.17.10.4459 for HD Graphics 3000 and is working perfectly

Regards

No Events found!