Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 9th, 2009 09:00

Intel Pro 2200BG stste not recognized in registry....

Computer reports that "USB Device" connected to computer has malfunctioned.  Turns out to be the Intel Wireless card.  Message from configuration page states "device stste not found in registry".  Can this card be "re-seated" or do I have a bad card?

August 24th, 2011 16:00

2 years later and no response from Dell!!!

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 28th, 2011 04:00

The card can be reseated lol.

August 28th, 2011 07:00

i went out and bought a netgear "micro mini" usb wireless card . Problem solved!  It sticks out of the back of my d600 only a 1/4 inch.  Why did I think of this before!! cost me $20 and it works perfectly.

I suggest anyone else with the 2200bg problem try this, as all efforts I tried did NOT work.

Im thinking it "might" be a physical connection issue with the slot and the motheboard where the 2200bg card slides into.

After all the d600, is an antique and mine has truly worked well for many many years!!!  No issues at all with the laptop until I had the network card issue. Its now up and working.

I know.....I can hear you guys out there....Just go out and buy a new one!!!!

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 28th, 2011 08:00

It might be the cables have came loose or the connection to the board has become loose, removing it and reinserting it might work.

August 28th, 2011 12:00

Trust  me, the cables were never loose and i must have reseated the board at least a dozen times. I even bought a Dell True mobile card and tried that .  I believe its the the actual connection of the slot to the mother board that is the issue!

Too many other people have had the exact same issue to be a reseat problem.. Just google " 2200bg wont work" and you'll see what I mean..

Thanks for everyone help here..

I'm done with this one!

No Events found!