Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2013 23:00

Intel Rapid Start Technology

Hello , I have recently bought a new dell laptop " inspiron 15R SE " with an i7 3632QM processor , after I updated my bios from dell's site , I keep getting : " Your System does not appear to have Intel Rapid Start Technology enabled. " although it's enabled in bios , I searched on google several times , but came with no results , would appreciate some advice.  P.S : I use windows 8.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 13th, 2013 23:00

Hi Akram ElShinnawi,

Even though the ‘Intel Rapid Start Technology’ is enabled in the BIOS, Intel Rapid Start Technology software in the operating system should have accelerated the mSATA drive on the computer only then the feature would be enabled in the system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to enable the acceleration.

1. Run the Intel RST software through the charms search bar menu or the task bar icon.
  2. Click Enable acceleration under either the Status or Accelerate menu.

3. Select the SSD to be used as a cache device.

4. Select the size from the SSD to be allocated for the cache memory.

Note : Any remaining space on the SSD may be used for data storage using the simple data single-disk RAID 0 volume that is automatically created.

5. Select the drive (or RAID volume) to be accelerated. It is highly recommended to accelerate the system volume or system disk for maximum performance.

6. Select the acceleration mode. By default, Enhanced mode is selected.

Note: Enhanced mode: Acceleration is optimized for data protection.
Maximized mode: Acceleration is optimized for input/output performance.

7. Click OK. The page refreshes and reports the new acceleration configuration in the Acceleration View. Your system is now successfully configured with the Intel Smart Response Technology.

Once this is done the mSATA drive will not be visible in windows.

April 14th, 2013 02:00

Hi Ravi ,

Thanks for your aid , I have faced some problems though , first of all I can't run the rapid start technology user interface , brings up the same message " your system does not appear to have intel rapid start technology enabled " then I tried to update the application through dell , while extracting the installer it won't run the setup saying " your system does not meet the minimum requirments " and the mSATA drive is already not visible in windows , any ideas ?

56 Posts

April 14th, 2013 03:00

You need to have SSD installed in the laptop for Intel Rapid Start Technology to work. If you have it, try reinstall the drivers:

downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx

April 15th, 2013 03:00

I do have an SSD installed in the laptop. I tried reinstalling the drivers and I had a newer version of it , I did overwrite to the previous version but it didn't fix the problem at all :/

92 Posts

April 15th, 2013 14:00

I had same problem. Go into BIOS on BOOT tab and try SECURE = DISABLED and Op ROM = ENABLED.  If it does work you have the same problem as me. Otherwise put it back to SECURE=ENABLED.

April 15th, 2013 16:00

Thank you for your reply , unfortunately it did not work , I tried disabling the secure boot , enabled op rom , but the same error appeared , I put it back to secure boot , any other idea would be greatly appreciated

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 17th, 2013 22:00

Hi Akram ElShinnawi,

Since you did not disable the acceleration before re-installing the operating system. I recommend that we reset the ISRT manually. Please follow the below given steps to reset it manually:

• Boot to Bios (F2)
  • Change Sata operation to AHCI
  • Save settings and Exit
  • As soon as the system boots up tap the F8 key to go into Advanced options
  • Choose option Repair my computer
  • Wait for 3 – 5 minutes on the black screen until the system shows up recovery options
  • On System Recovery option click next
  • On user name / password option click next (if password has been set for primary user please enter the right password)
  • On System Recovery Option screen ------> Select Command Prompt
  • At Command prompt type in Diskpart
  • Type LIST DISKà You should see 2 Disks listed like below
Note down the right DISK number for the next steps. On some systems Msata HDD would be either Disk 1 or Disk 0

DISK ###

Status

Size

Free

Dyn

GPT

DISK 0

29 GB

19 GB

DISK 1

465 GB

5091 MB

• Type SELECT DISK 0(Whichever is msata drive
  • It should say DISK 0 is selected 
  • Type Clean
    • This should clean the msata HDD
    • Type OFFLINE Disk
    • This should make the Disk Offline

DISK ###

Status

Size

Free

Dyn

GPT

DISK 0

29 GB

19 GB

DISK 1

465 GB

5091 MB

• Type EXIT
  • RESTART
  • On Restart go into BIOS (F2) and change SATA back to Intel Smart Response Technology
  • Click save and exit and Restart
  • Option Rom should pop up – Press Ctrl + I
  • Press R to disable acceleration and 6 to Exit
  • Boot into Windows Normally

Please check for the ISRT.

September 13th, 2013 13:00

Hello Ravi , I'm extremely sorry for the late response , i had lots of exams lately and i haven't been able to check my mails.

I have tried to do this , only  after I run the command prompt , i only get  Disk 0 , the laptop doesn't read the Msata ,

what should i do ?

No Events found!