RE: Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver for 7720 inspiron 17r special edition

Hi Pete,

Thank you for the update. I am looking into this issue. Please allow me 2-3 business days; will keep you posted.

Thanks & Regards,
Appu S
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

0 Kudos
caddy10
1 Nickel

RE: Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller driver for 7720 inspiron 17r special edition

Hi Appu S

Just another update. I used my Norton bootable recovery tool (bootable USB flash drive) to successfully boot the Laptop.

If this can get the USB 3.0 ports to work, why can't Dell, Intel or Microsoft windows 8 do the same??

It is a software USB 3.0 driver problem & Dell should be able to sort it out........

0 Kudos

Hi Pete/Vimal,

Please go to Device Manager -> click on View -> click on Show Hidden Devices. Please post a screenshot.

Also, boot into BIOS -> restart the computer -> tap F2 key on Dell logo -> this will take BIOS screen. Move to Advanced tab -> choose Miscellaneous Devices -> check if USB debug is Disabled. If it is enabled, then change it to Disabled, save the settings by pressing F10 key. Restart the computer and check.

Thanks & Regards,
Appu S
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

0 Kudos
caddy10
1 Nickel

Hi Appu S

Checked Bios & USB debug is Disabled.

here is device manager showing hidden devices for USB controllers. There are no yellow exclamations marks anywhere in device manager.

0 Kudos
rdtvimalraj
1 Copper

0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Would request you to provide the service tag of the computer and the first and last name as it appears on the account via private message (click my username and then click Send a Private Message) so that I can check the further course of action.

Thanks & Regards,
Appu S
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos
caddy10
1 Nickel

Info has been sent via a private message as requested.

0 Kudos
caddy10
1 Nickel

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171112191683?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

This is the item i bought from ebay.com.au
the seller said that he bought the dell laptop at a dell auction.
he is still selling dell products which i believe he buys at dell auctions.
check out his other items.
i agree that i need the OEM media to install again.
i sent you the service tag but i dont know who the name is that is associated with the service tag.
i am now the current legal owner - who the original owner was i do not know.
the laptop is less than 5 months old according to the bios date.
if you cannot send the OEM media for free then i may be able to pay a fee & download it?

0 Kudos
caddy10
1 Nickel

Appu S

Thanks for all your help over the last few weeks.

I will just continue to use the laptop without any USB 3 ports.

I obtained a wireless scanner/printer & a bluetooth mouse & i use to SD card slot to transfer data to & from the computer.

Maybe the windows 8.1  upgrade due out next week will fix the problem.

Many thanks again for your help

rgds Pete

0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Thank you for the response. Hopefully, Windows 8.1 might fix the issue. Keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks & Regards,
Appu S
#iworkfordell

0 Kudos