Highlighted
AmielMitra
Bronze

Internal Microphone not working for dell inspiron n5110

Jump to solution

please help me my internal microphone is not working . i just reformatted my laptop and downloaded all the drivers from this site the problem is my internal microphone is not working. what should i do? any help will greatly appreciated. i really need to use my microphone please help

0 Kudos
12 Replies

Re: Internal Microphone not working for dell inspiron n5110

Jump to solution

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. If you have just reinstalled windows then first check the below link on how to install drivers in the correct order, or some devices may not work properly.

support.dell.com/.../document

support.dell.com/.../document

Try reinstalling the Audio driver from the support site.

Click on start, control panel, sound Recording tab. Is Microphone/Line In IDT High Definition Audio Codec selected as the default device?

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

AmielMitra
Bronze

Jump to solution

thank you it worked.  my internal mic is not on default. there is another mic that is in default. thank you so much now i can use my mic.

0 Kudos
NduH21
Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi I recently purchased a new Dell (Inspiron15)  3521 - 3812. Out of the box I've, experienced the same problem; and it's just exactly a month old.

I know I did not do any physical damage to my laptop so; I was wondering if it could also be the drivers on mine Too?

Dell (Inspiron15) 3521 - 3812: 500GB HD, 4GB Memory, 1.5GHz Intel Processor; Please Help 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi NduH21,

Please find the audio driver link below.

http://dell.to/12KyDxk

Thanks and Regards
Harish M
#iworkfordell

To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here
0 Kudos
agupta
Copper

Jump to solution

please help me my internal microphone is not working . i had downloaded and installed sound driver  from this site the problem is my internal microphone is not working. what should i do? any help will greatly appreciated. i really need to use my microphone please help.

also i tried to use the to check the default service level as provided

Appreciate helped at the earliest

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
Diamond

Jump to solution

i had downloaded and installed sound driver  from this site the problem is my internal microphone is not working. what should i do?

Downloading the driver probably did not have anything to do with the mic not working, but if you think it did then you can undo it by using Windows System Restore. Find a restore point dated from before you installeed the new driver and choose it.

In XP, go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
and tick 'Restore my computer to an earlier time'.  Choose a date before the problem first occurred.

In Vista and 7, type "System Restore" into the Start menu search box, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.

If you do not have an appropriate restore point you can still undo it by going into the properties of the audio driver and select "rollback driver" which will re-install your old driver.

If you need more help then please reply back with the full model name of your laptop and the name of your operating system.

Jim Coates -- 14 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
Streuangel
Copper

RE: Internal Microphone not working for dell inspiron n5110

Jump to solution

neither of these worked for me.

0 Kudos
Streuangel
Copper

RE: Internal Microphone not working for dell inspiron n5110

Jump to solution