Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 15th, 2012 14:00

Internal Microphone not working for dell inspiron n5110

please help me my internal microphone is not working . i just reformatted my laptop and downloaded all the drivers from this site the problem is my internal microphone is not working. what should i do? any help will greatly appreciated. i really need to use my microphone please help

3.8K Posts

December 16th, 2012 02:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. If you have just reinstalled windows then first check the below link on how to install drivers in the correct order, or some devices may not work properly.

support.dell.com/.../document

support.dell.com/.../document

Try reinstalling the Audio driver from the support site.

Click on start, control panel, sound Recording tab. Is Microphone/Line In IDT High Definition Audio Codec selected as the default device?

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

7 Posts

December 16th, 2012 03:00

thank you it worked.  my internal mic is not on default. there is another mic that is in default. thank you so much now i can use my mic.

9 Posts

June 9th, 2013 01:00

Hi I recently purchased a new Dell (Inspiron15)  3521 - 3812. Out of the box I've, experienced the same problem; and it's just exactly a month old.

I know I did not do any physical damage to my laptop so; I was wondering if it could also be the drivers on mine Too?

Dell (Inspiron15) 3521 - 3812: 500GB HD, 4GB Memory, 1.5GHz Intel Processor; Please Help 

1.3K Posts

June 19th, 2013 11:00

Hi NduH21,

Please find the audio driver link below.

http://dell.to/12KyDxk

1 Message

July 26th, 2013 11:00

please help me my internal microphone is not working . i had downloaded and installed sound driver  from this site the problem is my internal microphone is not working. what should i do? any help will greatly appreciated. i really need to use my microphone please help.

also i tried to use the to check the default service level as provided

Appreciate helped at the earliest

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 26th, 2013 12:00

i had downloaded and installed sound driver  from this site the problem is my internal microphone is not working. what should i do?

Downloading the driver probably did not have anything to do with the mic not working, but if you think it did then you can undo it by using Windows System Restore. Find a restore point dated from before you installeed the new driver and choose it.

In XP, go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
and tick 'Restore my computer to an earlier time'.  Choose a date before the problem first occurred.

In Vista and 7, type "System Restore" into the Start menu search box, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.

If you do not have an appropriate restore point you can still undo it by going into the properties of the audio driver and select "rollback driver" which will re-install your old driver.

If you need more help then please reply back with the full model name of your laptop and the name of your operating system.

4 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 19:00

This didn't work for me.

4 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 19:00

neither of these worked for me.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 4th, 2014 04:00

This didn't work for me.

?

Please describe

> the symptoms you have

> the full model name of your laptop

> which version of Windows you are using

> what you have tried to do so far

4 Posts

March 4th, 2014 05:00

Internal mic not working. System recognizes it. No yellow 'attention' icons, and hardware manager says it's working properly.

Dell Inspiron 5110

Win 7

Steps completed:  checked if mic was muted, it's not - no fix
set 'internal mic' as the 'default device' - no fix.
Set internal mic as 'default communication device - no fix.
Used Dell Detect, updated driver - no fix
Uninstalled driver, rebooted, installed latest driver - no fix
Disabled / enabled internal mic - no fix
Disabled all other 'recording devices' - no fix

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 4th, 2014 06:00

Dell Inspiron 5110

You have done just about everything you can with the configuration. If you want to try another driver then install the native Windows audio driver.

Open the Device Manager and expand "Sound, video and game controllers". Right click on "IDT High Definition Audio Codec" and select to uninstall. Put a check mark in the option to delete the files, and then ok. When you reboot, Windows will either install its own native driver or another IDT driver if there were any other versions on the hard drive. So go back to the Device Manager and check for an IDT driver. Keep uninstalling & rebooting until IDT no longer appears under Sound Controllers and "High Definition Audio Device" appears in its place. That will be the native driver.

If the mic still does not work when you test it with Windows Sound Recorder then it has probably failed. Unfortunately Dell did not include its dedicated hardware diagnostic tool with the 15R N5110 model, so the only hardware diagnostic option you have is to return the laptop to the original factory configuration using Factory Image Restore. Doing that serves as a diagnostic tool because it will fix any software issues and if the problem remains then it is in the hardware. However you have eliminated most or all possible software issues already.

If you want to replace the mic or reseat its connection, the instructions are in the Service Manual which you can get to through the 15R N5110 product support page.

1 Message

May 15th, 2014 11:00

I think, I just found a solution to your problem man.

Though mine is a different model with different windows version, yet it might work.

>Open control panel

>Open Hardware and Sound

>Goto "Dell Audio"

**If DELL AUDIO option isn't there, I don't have a solution to your problem, but if it is there, bang on, this option is the very problem itself**

>In Dell Audio, Goto Advanced tab

>SWITCH OFF POWER MANAGEMENT

As a result, Dell Power Management has issues, that need to be ressurected

No Events found!