Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2015 04:00

Internal hark disk not found

Hello, this is the first time i write in the dell community. 4 months ago I bought a Dell XPS 15 and this computer have a lot of problems. I don't know why but i reset the window for this computer 4,5 times already within 4 months. I even bought a anti virus and run it every day to check my computer. But now the problem happend again. When I turn on my computer it say that my "Internal hard disk not found", so i go to the Internet and search about this, after 10,15minutes change somethings in the BIOS of the computer now it turn to "Reboot and Select poper Boot device". Furthermore, I also run a diagnostic with the button F12, all the result is pass exept the Hard Drive 0.

In my BIOS of my computer, I set in "BOOT LIST" is "UEFI", the "SECURE BOOT" is "DISABLED" and the "LOAD LEGACY OPTION ROM" is "ENABLED". Hope all my information is useful for your help.

I really need help from the dell community, I'm a student in UK and I lost my warranty so if anyway possible to fix my computer at home I will do it. Please help me, many thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 22nd, 2015 05:00

A four month old system is under warranty.  Record the exact error (probably 2000-0151 if the drive is not seen) and Dell will replace the drive under warranty.

If you purchased the system used, and the warranty has expired, you will need a new, 2.5" 9.5 mm or slimmer SATA notebook drive.  You'll also need a set of recovery media - if you did not prepare that when you received the system, you will need to contact Dell to purchase it.

February 22nd, 2015 10:00

I checked my computer again and the eror code is like you said. I bought this item from the store 4 months ago but I bought in DuBai and the warranty I said i lost in here is the receive to change the place to warranty, without the receive I cannot change it. Tmr I think I will go to the Dell service to ask and purchase the new hard drive, hope that its not expensive and I can afford it.. And sorry what is the recovery media? Many thanks for your reply!!!

No Events found!