Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

March 16th, 2016 03:00

Internet movies are dropping too many frames on XPS 12 9250

Hi,

I received last week a new XPS 12 9250 with it a nice laptop/tablet. But I have one problem when playing movies for instance youtube in a browser it's dropping many frames and the movie stutters.

I updated all the drivers but still the problem exists. How can I solve this problem?

Best regards,

Eric

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

March 16th, 2016 13:00

That model's graphics uses the computer's memory to supplement video, so make sure nothing else is running using up cpu or memory. You Tube video is uploaded by users and is a poor test of the computer's graphics. Try something streaming from a better site like a tv network or movie site. 

You should not update drivers on a new tablet or laptop. Those are customized by Dell for your model and rarely if ever need updating. Make sure those drivers you got are from Dell Downloads and Drivers and are for your exact model. If you got them from other manufacturers, rollback to the original drivers.

5 Posts

March 17th, 2016 02:00

Hello,

The quality of the movies are perfect, all movies on youtube or other website are having the same problem. Of course I tested it on another computer and the same movie is there perfectly. See the picture below there are many frames dropped.

About the driver, the original one when the laptop was delivered is not working. I updated with INTEL drivers and drivers of DELL. Each driver has the same problem.

Best regards,

Eric

5 Posts

May 9th, 2016 01:00

Dell any idea for a solution?

No Events found!