Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 13th, 2013 11:00

Invert Two-Finger Touchpad Scrolling on Latitude 6430

Is there any way to invert the two-finger scrolling on the touchpad?  The default behaviour is for a gesture downwards to scroll the screen up, and a gesture upwards to scroll the screen down - probably taken from OSX and easily the worst and most frustrating "feature" of my new laptop at work.  There is no option to reverse this in the touchpad settings.  

January 9th, 2014 05:00

Hi ejames13, I have a brand new 6430u and tried your tip in the registry to invert the 2 fingers scrolling. But unfortunately it doesn't work. I've got a French windows 7 Pro. Do you think it could be the origin.

Even in the others registry (Local machine) it doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

1 Message

January 29th, 2014 09:00

I think I found the solution to your issue re: all users:

Under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Alps

I have two keys, "Appoint" and "Appoint_Default". These two keys appear to contain the same entries / values. I had to change the appropriate values in BOTH sections. It then worked for a new user. I don't know if it would work for an existing user.

I think whatever is in the "Appoint_Default" section overwrites the "Appoint" section at login. Seems like a strange way to design it.

2 Posts

February 10th, 2014 06:00

This is flat-out the correct answer to this problem.  Well done, good sir!

If only there was a registry edit that made the ALPS pad's overall functionality and user experience as smooth and effective as Apple's...

1 Message

July 11th, 2014 10:00

Oh my goodness! Thank you! I just switched from a Mac to a Dell at work, and I had reversed the Mac scrolling on that trackpad, and I was incredibly frustrated that I couldn't do it on the Dell. The registry fix worked. For those that don't know how to change the registry key, I found this on Microsoft's support site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136393

9 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 01:00

Just an update if someone else is looking through community before checking Dell Drivers ;)

Latest version of the touchpad driver (Version 8.1206.101.118,A08) has the "Reverse Scroll Direction". Funnily enough, now the default scrolling for two finger gesture is "normal" and by selecting the "Reverse Scroll Direction" you get this OS X type of inverted scrolling that myself and others in this thread are so displeased with. 

Another funny thing of course is that this computer came off-the-box Jun-2015 with the old (2013) touchpad driver, but that could be due to our procurement process too. 

So, this fixed the problem for me (E7240). Thanks to Dell for listening user input and updating the driver so it works as any Windows user is expecting. 

4 Posts

April 9th, 2016 10:00

InvertScrollFlag does not appear in my list of fields under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Alps\Apoint. This is a Dell Vostro 3550 laptop which has been in a box since new, and way behind on updates, so I'll try that and see if it helps. For now, I feel like I'm up the creek with a set of oars, and not a paddle! 

29 Posts

April 9th, 2016 15:00

Just add the new DWORD value InvertScrollFlag

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 25th, 2017 10:00

I have the same screen and there's no reverse-scroll anywhere; however this is from a factory reinstall where I used the Dell Update Manager instead of just Windows Update, and the previous install (where I used Windows Update first) gave me the option.

No Events found!