Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2016 13:00

Is it normal that my caps lock button always blinks or sometimes stays constantly on?

Hey there everyone, I have a dell Vostro 3445 laptop with windows 7 32bit installed in it. The problem which I am facing is that my laptop's capslock button blinks or sometimes it stays constantly on and due to this my touchpad stop working. This happens momentarily and then everything gets fine. This is  sometimes very annoying. Any solution(s) to this query of mine??  

9.4K Posts

August 31st, 2016 12:00

Hi avkaran,

Thanks for posting!

A blinking caps lock light can have several possibilities.  In some Vostro models it can indicate loose RAM, so if you can, try reseating the RAM modules.  If that's not resolving the issue, then try an external keyboard to see if the same condition exists.  If so, then try reseating the keyboard data cables which  may help. If not then it's possible that replacing the keyboard, memory, or system board may be required.

If your system is still under warranty, a call to Tech support to troubleshoot will help indicate what may be the problem.  If not, then either try these things yourself, or contact Out of Warranty services for a return to depot and repair, or you could contact a local computer repair shop.

You may want to post back and describe your progress so the experts here can respond.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!