Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2016 19:00

Is my graphics driver dedicated in dell inspiron 5559?

I am using dell inspiron 5559 and it has both intel and amd graphics card.

is the amd graphics card dedicated or only intel graphics card is attached to display

as it is only showing 128 mb dedicated video memory and in directx it shows the amd graphics card as render only graphics card.

August 29th, 2016 03:00

Hi,

Check the device manger, under the display adapter tab, if it shows only Intel or AMD as well. As it can also be configured with a discrete card.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 29th, 2016 06:00

The AMD GPU is a co-processor for the Intel GPU - it's not a true discrete video chip.

5 Posts

August 29th, 2016 11:00

It shows both AMD Radeon R5 M335 and Intel HD Graphics 520

AMD card is 4GB but in my PC when i show graphics dedicated memory it only shows 128 mb.

August 30th, 2016 01:00

From the desktop screen, press windows key + R, which will open the run command box. Type Dxdiag in the box. It will open the DirectX diagnostics. Please select the save the information. Which will save the information in a text file. Please share the file, if possible through a private message by clicking on my name. Also where did it show that the graphics was 128MB ideally this would be for the Intel graphics.

5 Posts

September 3rd, 2016 06:00

I have sent you a dxdiag report file text and a picture where it shows only 128MB dedicated video memory.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 3rd, 2016 08:00

Look under display adapters in your device manager - are there two display adapters listed, or just one?

5 Posts

September 3rd, 2016 11:00

There are both under display adapters.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 3rd, 2016 12:00

Only the Intel GPU has a connection to the display -- dxdiag may not see the AMD co-GPU.  Try something like GPU-Z to see what it reports.

5 Posts

September 5th, 2016 09:00

So if you are part of dell manufacturing community please tell me what dell has fitted in my laptop.
Both GPUs are connected to display or not.
Whether i can use AMD GPU only.
GPUz shows both.

My question is simple AMD GPU is dedicated or not.
I can use AMD GPU only.
AMD GPU is connected to display or not.
AMD GPU is same like in desktop or not.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 5th, 2016 09:00

The video system is muxless (no hardware multiplexer) -- it's entirely software controlled.  The AMD GPU is a co-processor - it isn't and cannot be made to be the primary GPU in the system.

No Events found!