mh52
1 Copper

Is my laptop dead?

My Inspiron 17 7737 is unresponsive after an update to Windows 10 (not saying that caused it). It won't boot, I have done a full system reset (won't) finish. Diagnostics finds nothing . What else can I do?

Very frustrating !! Thanks for ANY ideas !!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

RE: Is my laptop dead?

Hello and good morning

Restart and when the black display is shown immediately begin tapping the F8 Key.

This will take you to a long list of options. Arrow down to "Last Known Good" (Advanced).

This is an easy fix and a very good tool to use now and in the future. If you do not get this display then begin tapping earlier. 

0 Kudos
mh52
1 Copper

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately tapping f8 leaves the machine in a loop that restarts the boot sequence over and over ever time I press it and I get no other screen. Letting it go through to the dell logo then produces a screen message at the top which says no boot device found, press any key to reboot. If I use a recovery usb I can not get it to boot, but get the blue menu for repair etc. A reset , even a full one fails, so I basically can't boot the machine. Diagnostics including a full run which took over two hours produces an all ok report, so I think something has gone badly wrong. Any other ideas gratefully received. Thanks.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

" Diagnostics including a full run which took over two hours produces an all ok report, so I think something has gone badly wrong "

Did you see " Error Code: 2000-0142 " or any other error codes ?