8 Krypton

Is this an issue with Windows 8.1 Enterprise Main theme or with my Laptop Screen??!!

Hello,

I currently found a strange issue happening with my display and it only occurs when I am setting my desktop background as the Main Windows theme or any picture I set as a theme.

When I click inside any open folder as shown in this recorded video and when I click on Desktop, doing this back and forth and I notice quick flickering inside the open windows.

You will see this at second 0:26 in the video.

It is also obvious in this video, I am doing this with the Intel Graphics Control Panel window.

The issue occurs at the time 0:10 and 0:25

Note: This only occurs when I switch between themes for the first time.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

RE: Is this an issue with Windows 8.1 Enterprise Main theme or with my Laptop Screen??!!

Please tell me if there are known issues with Windows 8.1 Enterprise and my laptop model Inspiron 15z 5523, and along with this issue today I left my laptop on for 13 hours and something happened which its the first time happens, when I clicked on Shut down button + SHIFT screen turned off but the power button still turned on and the fan was still spinning.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

RE: Is this an issue with Windows 8.1 Enterprise Main theme or with my Laptop Screen??!!

I couldn't install Windows 7 on my machine (Dell Inspiron 15z 5523)

However, I installed Windows 8 Single Language and the issue doesn't occur.

But I am happy with Windows 8.1 editions.

I tried installing Windows 8.1 Professional which has this theme as Windows Main theme and the issue occurs with any Windows 8.1 with this orange Windows Main theme.

So, when I switch between Windows theme and Lines and Colors or Flowers themes and then switch back to Windows theme I get this quick screen flicker.

So I assume this is a Windows related issue and bug, am I right? Since I didn't get the issue with Windows 8 Single Language, so that means no problems with my screen or graphics driver.

May it be a graphics driver related issue with Windows 8.1? But strange!!! I am sure I am installing the Intel graphics driver from Windows 8.1 section for my model.

My model is Inspiron 15z 5523.

Isn't this the Intel graphics driver for Windows 8.1?

Video_Driver_NDJN4_WN_10.18.10.3277_A00

However, In Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 sections, the Intel graphics driver is the same

0 Kudos