Highlighted
CinTerBlock
1 Copper

Is this the proper keyboard format on Dell Inspiron 5567?

Jump to solution

I just ordered a Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop.

Is the following keyboard layout proper for the Dell Inspiron 5000 series? I find it odd as I haven't seen this layout on any of the online images of the product. (The placement of hash key beside the Enter key and Backslash beside the Left Shift key.)

Image of Keyboard

AND there is a wrong mapping on the keyboard. The HASH key next to the ENTER key is mapped to a backslash, with a BACKSLASH key already present beside the LEFT SHIFT key. So I cannot print a hashtag symbol.

Also, the keys (@) and (") are interchanged.Pressing one key prints the other character.

Can someone please suggest a solution?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Is this the proper keyboard format on Dell Inspiron 5567?

Jump to solution

CinTerBlock,

Some keys on your keyboard have two symbols on them. These keys can be used to type alternate characters or to perform secondary functions. To type the alternate character, press Shift and the desired key. To perform secondary functions, press Fn and the desired key.
NOTE: You can define the primary behavior of the shortcut keys by pressing Fn+Esc or by changing Function Key Behavior in System Setup.
Keyboard shortcuts

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
CinTerBlock
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I found a solution to my problem. The issue was a difference in the keyboard layout formats by ANSI and ISO, the former which is mainly used in the United States and the latter used in the United Kingdom. Read More on Wikipedia.

The keyboard on my device is in the ISO format, hence changing the product language to United Kingdom solved all the issues no problem, with no more off-key mappings.

To change the System Language, go to the Control Panel - Language - Add English (United Kingdom) language and enable it.

sushil123
1 Copper

Jump to solution

me too same problem

0 Kudos
sushil123
1 Copper

Jump to solution

me also same problem @ and ''

0 Kudos