Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 5th, 2014 18:00

Issue with Inspiron 15 3537 AMD Radeon HD 8670M Driver for Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit

Hi Team,

I have purchased this laptop one month back and still not able to figure out the issue with the Video Driver. 

Laptop Model - http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-15-3537

Issue - AMD Radeon HD 8670M Driver not working in Windows 7 Enterprise. Error - Driver has stopped working.

Drivers Tried - http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/ag/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=P28NG

Please help.

January 16th, 2014 23:00

I called up Dell Phone Support and they helped me resolve the issue.

Solution :-

Step 1 - Update BIOS to latest version

Step 2 - Before installing AMD driver, install the Intel HD Graphics 4400 Driver (Most people think this is not required since we have a dedicated external AMD card. This was my mistake too). You can download this from Dell support.

Step 3 - Install AMD Radeon HD 8670M Driver

And yeppy it works!!! Windows Experience Index has give 6.5 for Gaming Graphics on Win 7

3 Posts

January 6th, 2014 07:00

Try downloading drivers from the AMD site .

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download choose your model and operating system and either download  the beta version 13.11 ,or the 13.12 version .

January 6th, 2014 20:00

Thanks atty7,

Tried http://support.amd.com/en-us/download   the beta version 13.11 and the 13.12 version . Still driver doesn't work. 

Error Same - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

January 10th, 2014 18:00

Really unhappy with the kind of support for Dell. I am still not able to resolve the video driver issue on my brand new laptop even after a month of purchase. If Dell doesnt support Win 7, they should specify it very clearly.

1 Message

January 11th, 2014 01:00

I am having the same problem with same system But with windows 8.

Please some body Help ,How to resolve this,..

January 11th, 2014 18:00

@RAMNEO

I tried Windows 8 initially and for me the driver loaded after taking all the pending windows updates. This does work in Win 8, problem is only with Win 7.

1 Message

January 17th, 2014 05:00

Hi,

I bought the same laptop Inspiron 3537...

I had the same problem like you...driver reinstall from Dell and AMD,but nothing happen....

I was very nervous this issue,but I got a idea yesterday night :emotion-55:...I looked after to the processor what kind of

new feature it has,because this is a new generation i5 processor...and i got it...Intel HD4400 integrated ...

You need to install the driver from dell driver page....Intel HD4400 and AMD HD8670 and it will fix it....

I did the same and baboom everything looking fine....:emotion-11:

Please check it!

1 Message

March 23rd, 2014 23:00

Hi,

I too have the same product and having the same issue with the Graphics card.

As per the suggesstion when I referred the dell site and tried to install the graphics driver there are 2 option for downloading drivers for AMD 8670 and Intel 4400 both.

Please let me know which one would be the better option.

Thanks in advance

1 Message

April 1st, 2014 14:00

The same problem here. I dont know what's wrong. I tried re-installing drivers downloaded from dell.com. However, despite for few minutes the AMD Catalyst and driver have stopped working.

Error same- Windows hsa stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

3 Posts

April 13th, 2014 20:00

I already installed amd radeon vga drivers. But the problem is for gaming I can't get best graphics. If tired switchable graphics to high perform.(for mostwanted & cod 4 MW...etc)...when I switch...its not working.

Please help for solving this problem

June 11th, 2014 19:00

yes , the same problem. DELL should be take care of this issue.

we need the maximize performance for our notebook.

Intel GPU 4400 is too bad  for  high performance display.

1 Message

June 14th, 2014 07:00

I agree with you , even i have purchased a laptop (inspiron 15 3537) , i was getting issue with the vedio driver .

But let me inform you that , the laptop is not running by amd 8670 hd , its running by  Intel HD Graphics 4400. when you check it from dxdiag (run dxdiag) you will notice that the display device is call Intel r graphics family manufacturer intel corporation

If amd radeon hd 8670m will work on the device then at dxdiag it will show display device is amd radeon hd 8670m  manufacturer ati technologies inc.

can any one have a good solution for the graphics driver ,, because this is an idiotic solution .

1 Message

June 24th, 2014 20:00

Hey !!!

dell inspiron 3537 (i7)

i have trouble with AMD 8670 

My OS - windows 8.1,1

i cn't   do hibernate & sleep ,,

But, before instrall the amd drivs , it's working   (hibernate & sleep) ..:emotion-2:

I think tht prob coming with AMD drivs ,,,,

Plzz help me .......:emotion-7:

June 25th, 2014 13:00

I also have this problem, mine is Dell Inspiron 5537 with 8670M graphics card. After I installed Dell drivers with correct order, it seems to be working. But when I checked the windows experience score, it scored low ie. 4.6 due to graphics. I have searched Internet for a solution and found out that Dell driver for ATI graphics card is old.

But Dell has not released their updated version, so I downloaded latest driver for ATI HD 8670M from AMD website. After installation, my laptop stopped waking up from sleeping and hibernating. So I rolled back my AMD driver to Dell provided and now it is working fine. But my windows score is still 4.6, that means system is not using Discrete card at all. What a waste of money!

July 6th, 2014 20:00

How to update the BIOS?

No Events found!