sam_sant2005
1 Copper

Issue with Inspiron 15 3537 AMD Radeon HD 8670M Driver for Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

I have purchased this laptop one month back and still not able to figure out the issue with the Video Driver. 

Laptop Model - http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-15-3537

Issue - AMD Radeon HD 8670M Driver not working in Windows 7 Enterprise. Error - Driver has stopped working.

Drivers Tried - http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/ag/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=P28NG

Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sam_sant2005
1 Copper

RE: Issue with Inspiron 15 3537 AMD Radeon HD 8670M Driver for Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit

Jump to solution

I called up Dell Phone Support and they helped me resolve the issue.

Solution :-

Step 1 - Update BIOS to latest version

Step 2 - Before installing AMD driver, install the Intel HD Graphics 4400 Driver (Most people think this is not required since we have a dedicated external AMD card. This was my mistake too). You can download this from Dell support.

Step 3 - Install AMD Radeon HD 8670M Driver

And yeppy it works!!! Windows Experience Index has give 6.5 for Gaming Graphics on Win 7

View solution in original post

21 Replies
atty7
1 Copper

RE: Issue with Inspiron 15 3537 AMD Radeon HD 8670M Driver for Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit

Jump to solution

Try downloading drivers from the AMD site .

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download choose your model and operating system and either download  the beta version 13.11 ,or the 13.12 version .

0 Kudos
sam_sant2005
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks atty7,

Tried http://support.amd.com/en-us/download   the beta version 13.11 and the 13.12 version . Still driver doesn't work. 

Error Same - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

0 Kudos
sam_sant2005
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Really unhappy with the kind of support for Dell. I am still not able to resolve the video driver issue on my brand new laptop even after a month of purchase. If Dell doesnt support Win 7, they should specify it very clearly.

0 Kudos
ramneo
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with same system But with windows 8.

Please some body Help ,How to resolve this,..

sam_sant2005
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@RAMNEO

I tried Windows 8 initially and for me the driver loaded after taking all the pending windows updates. This does work in Win 8, problem is only with Win 7.

0 Kudos
sam_sant2005
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I called up Dell Phone Support and they helped me resolve the issue.

Solution :-

Step 1 - Update BIOS to latest version

Step 2 - Before installing AMD driver, install the Intel HD Graphics 4400 Driver (Most people think this is not required since we have a dedicated external AMD card. This was my mistake too). You can download this from Dell support.

Step 3 - Install AMD Radeon HD 8670M Driver

And yeppy it works!!! Windows Experience Index has give 6.5 for Gaming Graphics on Win 7

View solution in original post

JammPec
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi,

I bought the same laptop Inspiron 3537...

I had the same problem like you...driver reinstall from Dell and AMD,but nothing happen....

I was very nervous this issue,but I got a idea yesterday night :emotion-55:...I looked after to the processor what kind of

new feature it has,because this is a new generation i5 processor...and i got it...Intel HD4400 integrated ...

You need to install the driver from dell driver page....Intel HD4400 and AMD HD8670 and it will fix it....

I did the same and baboom everything looking fine....:emotion-11:

Please check it!

rotz05
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi,

I too have the same product and having the same issue with the Graphics card.

As per the suggesstion when I referred the dell site and tried to install the graphics driver there are 2 option for downloading drivers for AMD 8670 and Intel 4400 both.

Please let me know which one would be the better option.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
PYK20
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The same problem here. I dont know what's wrong. I tried re-installing drivers downloaded from dell.com. However, despite for few minutes the AMD Catalyst and driver have stopped working.

Error same- Windows hsa stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

0 Kudos