juguzman
1 Copper

Issues with Dell Update and WIFI connections after Intel Proset update/install

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I recently updated my Dell laptop (XPS 15 (9530, Late 2013)), which included some wifi adapter update from Intel. This update involved some new program called "Proset" which ends up taking over in Windows 8 as the wifi management program.

Ever since it was installed, my laptop has had network connectivity issues. It will only connect to certain networks, but particularly doesn't like ones where I need to login for internet access. I've had to disable Proset and use the windows default wifi manager, but I STILL have to use a public wifi I have available at work.

Additionally, since this last update, Dell Update had failed to connect to the internet every time I run it. Is this something in a setting I'm not seeing or a known issue with the Proset update?

Thanks ahead of time!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
juguzman
1 Copper

RE: Issues with Dell Update and WIFI connections after Intel Proset update/install

Jump to solution

I think there was an update and things seem to be working better.

As for connecting to that secure network, I ended up combining my username and domain as my username and that worked (probably a quick about my school's setup).

Admins - this issue is resolved.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
juguzman
1 Copper

RE: Issues with Dell Update and WIFI connections after Intel Proset update/install

Jump to solution

I think there was an update and things seem to be working better.

As for connecting to that secure network, I ended up combining my username and domain as my username and that worked (probably a quick about my school's setup).

Admins - this issue is resolved.

0 Kudos